PLAY a CD and in the same time Rip it on a HD ?
Apr 23, 2015 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bmichels

Headphoneus Supremus
Is there a music server/CD Player which can PLAY a CD and in the same time Rip it on it's HD ?   This will be a great time saving : everytime I play a CD, it is also saved as a HighRes music file ! ! 

It may be tricky, but.... may be a Music server with a built-in CD-Player that read ahead of playing like the PS-AUDIO PerfectWave Memory Player or the The Memory player can do this ? 

thanks

Apr 23, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 3
  Is there a music server/CD Player which can PLAY a CD and in the same time Rip it on it's HD ?   This will be a great time saving : everytime I play a CD, it is also saved as a HighRes music file ! ! 
It may be tricky, but.... may be a Music server with a built-in CD-Player that read ahead of playing like the PS-AUDIO PerfectWave Memory Player or the The Memory player can do this ? 

I'm guess the MPAA would be against any hardware (like a stand alone CD player) that could on it's own, rip music CDs to audio files.
I'm guessing a ripping software on your PC would be the best way of making audio files.

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #3 of 3

No sure about it but it doesn't really make sense does it ?
Ripping is happening at a much faster speed than actual playback. In the time you listen "in real time" let's say 1 hr to one CD, you can have a stack of 20 of them ripped - in a different drive though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back