Plastic on Image X10's is tearing... Help?
Feb 8, 2009 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

toxic888

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to fix this?

btw, tape does not work... I need a more permanent solution, and I'm not really considering sending them in if I figure out a good way to fix them.

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #4 of 20
I don't want this to be a re-ocurring problem though; so is there someone out there that has had this problem, shipped the earphones back for a replacement, got a new pair, and reinforced them? A good answer to that is what I'm looking for.

Feb 9, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #8 of 20
If you bought it from an authorized dealer, klipsch will exchange it for a new one...if not...try super glue it...

Feb 9, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you bought it from an authorized dealer, klipsch will exchange it for a new one...if not...try super glue it...

Yea super glue will work

Feb 9, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i heard heat-shrink wrap would work too.

You have to be extra careful with heat-shrink. I tried to fix my splitting Image x10 strain relief with heat-shrinking tube and ended up destroying the wires. Fortunatelly, the Klipsch recognized it as a warranty case and replaced the earphones

Feb 9, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #12 of 20
ah i see, its just something i heard from other people. personally, ive always taken extra care of my x10's so im glad nothing has happened to them. its been about almost 4 months and nothing has happened to them.

Feb 9, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ah i see, its just something i heard from other people. personally, ive always taken extra care of my x10's so im glad nothing has happened to them. its been about almost 4 months and nothing has happened to them.

Mine started splitting after 4 months of intermittent use. Very frustrating.

Feb 9, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #14 of 20
Just send it back to Klipsch
smily_headphones1.gif

If you try to fix it, it'll just end up looking ghetto, and you don't want a >$300 IEM to look ghetto, right?

Feb 9, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just send it back to Klipsch
smily_headphones1.gif

If you try to fix it, it'll just end up looking ghetto, and you don't want a >$300 IEM to look ghetto, right?

yeah yeah, true :p

I'll just send it back, I heard they started using a different material that doesn't split now.

+ i might heatshrink the new ones to re-inforce them, just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back