PK3 or Denon c700 or ?
Feb 5, 2008 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

straden

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for a pair of earbud or maybe IEM that has little isolation to use at work.
I need to be able to hear so I can pick up phone calls and such.
My e4c sounds fantastic but I can't hear anything from outside.

It seems like pk3 is popular here, how about denon c700?
Does anyone have both? I'd like to know which one is more cofortable and less isolatated. I know they both sound well from reading posts but which one is better? I assume denon because of its higher price.

Feb 5, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by straden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking for a pair of earbud or maybe IEM that has little isolation to use at work.
I need to be able to hear so I can pick up phone calls and such.
My e4c sounds fantastic but I can't hear anything from outside.

It seems like pk3 is popular here, how about denon c700?
Does anyone have both? I'd like to know which one is more cofortable and less isolatated. I know they both sound well from reading posts but which one is better? I assume denon because of its higher price.

I have owned both, and still have the PK3s. For office use, I'd say the PK3s make more sense. They allow more sound, and are a great buy, even for $50. The Denons are now $141 on Amazon, and that's a lot. I found them a little umcomfortable for some reason, though canal phones typically aren't a problem. The Denons offer a little higher level of SQ, but the PK3s tend to "grow on people." You'll see that phrase on the PK3 appreciation thread.

Anyway, for $50, you can get the PK3s and a new DAP, or buy more music.

Feb 5, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #3 of 5
tstarn is right on. The Denon is goign to have to much isloation for you to hear the phone (trust me). You would want an earbud for work and the Yuin's are the king. If you have the mony go for the PK1, if not stay with the PK3.

Feb 25, 2008 at 10:05 AM Post #5 of 5
my opinion is virtually worthless as i have not heard the yuin but as they are earbuds, they cannot isolate much at all. however, i have owned the c700 and found it barely isolated as well. the music canal is a little more direct to the ear, but they are open phones as well. if i have them in with as good a seal as i can muster, i can snap my fingers outside of my ears and feel the sound rather than have the muffled effect like im under water with the atrio m5 or um2 for instance.

even with music playing, hearing the telephone was never trouble. i think i listen to music at a much lower level than most people though.

all that said, i really want to try out the pk2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back