Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #33 of 183
Is anyone bringing the audiozenith pmx2?

Yeah dude come out! I will be there both days at the start time and will stay whole time. So if you need or want any input I am here to help :). Btw I'll be the one wearing the hat in my profile picture (not to mention i am 6'6"....) also Everett "Evshrug" will be around and more then willing to answer questions.

Oct 21, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #34 of 183
Yeah dude come out! I will be there both days at the start time and will stay whole time. So if you need or want any input I am here to help :). Btw I'll be the one wearing the hat in my profile picture (not to mention i am 6'6"....) also Everett "Evshrug" will be around and more then willing to answer questions.

My bad that was suppose to go out to BoogieOogie ha

Oct 22, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #36 of 183

Some more pics of the meet. Today had an even better turn out. I wish I would have gotten a picure of everyone who went today. Everyone was so busy listening and bs'ing, I didn't want to stop everyone and snap a pic. Thanks to everyone who attended and we will be sending out more info about future meets!

-Craig

Oct 23, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #37 of 183
Thank you for organizing those, Craig! It is much appreciated!

I had really good time there, it was great to see other people affected by audio malaise, and it was really fun to try different equipment out there!

I was surprised how well my first gen T1 were holding to others, they sounded better to me compared even to second gen T1 and HD800s, probably only because of burn-in difference, but still, I was pleased.

Another surprise was to hear how much difference there is to different amplifiers. Some of them sounded almost broken, and than some other, injected in otherwise very familiar to me chain, took familiar tracks to totally new level.
Auralic Taurus - I hate your price, but I do love your sound!

That was fun, lets do it again!

-- Olek

Oct 23, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #38 of 183
I had a good time and it was nice meeting everyone.  Thanks for organizing this and thanks to Music to my Ear for hosting!

Here are a few pictures I took:

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #40 of 183
I talked to Mark and he told me and Evshrug about an event he is having at Music to my Ear (MTME) on Thursday Nov. 17th from 4pm to 8pm. The Event will have Rogue Audio and Nordost both there to Show their goods. Rogue audio is also doing a grand premiere of something special for this event. As Mark receives more information about this event he will pass the word and i will inform everyone on this page. I will be attending and i hope that i get to see you all again if you want to come!

so to recap....

Rogue Audio and Nordost Event         Thursday NOV 17th.  4pm to 8pm

Here are links to both their websites if you guys are unfamiliar with either company and would like more information about what they could bring....

Nordost-          http://www.nordost.com/

Rogue Audio-   http://www.rogueaudio.com/

Hope to see you there 

-Craig

Oct 25, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #42 of 183
OK! Update to the Rogue Audio/Nordost event-
Rogue Audio is going to unveil a new Headphone amp at MTME called the RH-5.

This will be the first time that they will show the amp and we will be able to demo it at the event.

Off the bat it has 3 and 4 pin balanced xlr headphones jacks and also fully balanced outputs.

Recently Rogue has put more information about the amp on their website if you look under the "News" tab at the top of the website.

Just wanted to share that!

-Craig

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #43 of 183
All:

Hi this is Pepe - I think I go by Namikis here - friend of Craig, and really more of a speaker than a headphone dude (except at work - there I live with Oppo PM-3s on, all the time,  driven by a HiFIMan EF2).  Craig is getting me hooked into this headphile thing.  Visited the 'Music to my Ears' store Saturday (I am a fan of Northern Audio upstairs); took some pictures and wrote a short review in the Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh forum (I go by OldiesButGoodies there,  OBG for short):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/821324/pittsburgh-headphile-meet

FYI - In case you want to get a sense of the place.  I did not take pictures of the "walls of headphones" available to test - my bad - but the list Craig posted tells the story.  Cool place to visit and test-before-you-buy stuff from.  

Cheers,

Pepe

Oct 31, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #44 of 183

Bruce Ball the North American rep for Questyle came by and brought the "Gold Stack" reference amps and dac with him. Evshrug and I got the pleasure to be able to demo it with a Utopia. Quite impressive!! Mark was impressed as well with it and ended up buying it off Bruce right then and there. So next meet we have at Music To My Ear everyone will have to give it a listen.....

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #45 of 183
Just some more pics:

With reverence?

Guts of a QP1R, quite an impressive sounding DAP for the price and size. Holds Class-A amplification for most loads and does a great job with an HD800 like mine. Great price value compared to other high-end capability DAPs, nice interface, I like everything about it except the scrolling wheel is slippy and hard for the thumb to move... Bruce tells me they ship with a clear film donut now that helps provide more traction.

One of the top reference systems out there. Very summit-fi.

Another new competitor in the closed $300 category! Compared side-by-side with the Focal Listen, this Meze Classic has a little less treble but a similar impression of great detail, similar or slightly more midbass tilt which I found pleasurable (maybe even ideal on a portable) but not overblown. The looks are pretty great which makes up for the fact that these circumaural headphones don't try to be slim, I also think the headband is way more comfortable than the Listen but the earcups are more shallow.

Two people asked not to be photographed, so they are represented by the "hole" in the middle, but they will not be forgotten! I like that we eventually had about 7 people (plus the three employees of Music To My Ears), it didn't feel too crowded for this space and everyone talked animatedly at a gentle hubbub volume :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back