Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #151 of 183
Awesome, If I can make an appearance I will certainly do so!

I don't really have any stand-out gear that I believe anyone would want to check out.. Does anyone want me to bring my V-Moda M-100 (basshead setup, will rattle your eyeballs.. literally gives me the nostalgia of my car system when I was younger) or AT M50x (with Dekoni memory foam pads) if I am able to make it down?

I know this isn't most audiophiles ideal type of sound, and I am not personally limited to liking that, it was just my first priority and im new'er to the premium headphone scene.

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #152 of 183
Awesome, If I can make an appearance I will certainly do so!

I don't really have any stand-out gear that I believe anyone would want to check out.. Does anyone want me to bring my V-Moda M-100 (basshead setup, will rattle your eyeballs.. literally gives me the nostalgia of my car system when I was younger) or AT M50x (with Dekoni memory foam pads) if I am able to make it down?

I know this isn't most audiophiles ideal type of sound, and I am not personally limited to liking that, it was just my first priority and im new'er to the premium headphone scene.

Make an appearance! Everyone starts somewhere... and yeah bring the V-Moda's. Different strokes for different folks. I came from a really analytical headphone to now a more musical one. My tastes have bounced around a lot from then and now I enjoy both camps. I think it takes time (at least for me) to get ones brain adjusted to all different sound.

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #160 of 183
Hey everyone I wanted to update you with more information about the meet!

Meet will be March 24th and March 25th.  Friday from 12-6 and Saturday from 12-5

We will be showcasing different rigs alongside the rest of our headphones and gear.  We will also be serving refreshments if you guys need to give your ears and brains a break ha.

Also! There will be big discounts in the store for both days... If you had something in mind that you were planning on getting this would a great time to come in.

You will be receiving an email about the event soon if you signed up on our website http://musictomyear.com/index.php/contact . I look forward to seeing you all here. Ill be at the store both days from start to finish, so come say hi!

-Craig

(p.s. if this is your first time coming to a meet here at MTME, ill be the tall guy wearing the hat ha.i'll try to say hi first :) )

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #161 of 183
I'll be there for my first meet! I'm bringing my Philips X2s and new Monoprice M560 and M1060 to try out with some amps. I'll decide which one of those to keep after the meet.  The M560 are still in the mail but the M1060 are on my head. They sound amazing but the headband is really uncomfortable and the cans have lots of sharp edges. I'm curious to hear if they do sound as good as Audeze.

Mar 19, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #162 of 183
I'll be there for my first meet! I'm bringing my Philips X2s and new Monoprice M560 and M1060 to try out with some amps. I'll decide which one of those to keep after the meet.  The M560 are still in the mail but the M1060 are on my head. They sound amazing but the headband is really uncomfortable and the cans have lots of sharp edges. I'm curious to hear if they do sound as good as Audeze.

First meet! Awesome! Glad you are bringing the X2. Always wanted to hear them

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #163 of 183
Hey! Wanted to tell everyone to make sure they bring any DAP's or cd's to the meet that they want to use. We will have a Mac here with Tidal streaming and multiple cd players... I am trying to set up the gear table to be able to free up space for everyone. We did not get our new set up in time for the meet ( enclosing all the gear in wood and adding room) which is what i was looking forward to but its taking us more time since its all custom.

I look forward to seeing you all this Friday, Saturday, or both days :wink:

-Craig

Mar 23, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #164 of 183
Great to hear this meet is shaping up to be a big one! I can't make it, looks like no magical retail luck for me this time, but hopefully someday I'll have a job where I get some Friday/Saturday freedom.

So guys, please post some pics of great combos and wishlist items? Maybe some "big hunt" photos where you show off your trophies/purchases?

Also, Craig, any cable discounts? :D

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #165 of 183
Great to hear this meet is shaping up to be a big one! I can't make it, looks like no magical retail luck for me this time, but hopefully someday I'll have a job where I get some Friday/Saturday freedom.

So guys, please post some pics of great combos and wishlist items? Maybe some "big hunt" photos where you show off your trophies/purchases?

Also, Craig, any cable discounts? :D

Yeah duder! Love those ideas.

Yes we will be make some deals in that area as well! Also I am going to take more pics of this meet. I usually get caught up talking with everyone that I forget to take pictures. I totally encourage everyone to take pics of the meet if they want. It's fun to look back on

Edit: It stinks you can't make it man :frowning2: I was hoping to be able to hang with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back