Piping the soundcard output into a wav file
Jul 13, 2003 at 6:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

penvzila

500+ Head-Fier
Is there any program that will record the "end of the chain" so to speak. Like, if I were to play two instances of foobar at once, i need a program that RECORDs the mixed output of both to a single wav file. I dont want something that just saves it, i want to be able to record also seeking through files in real time, forwards and backwards. So, thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Jul 13, 2003 at 8:08 AM Post #2 of 5
Uhm... are you trying to make a mix disc, or something? If so, you're going about it in a half-assed way. Use Traktor or Soundforge or SF Acid.

That said, you could run a cable from line-out to line-in and just record that, I guess.

- Chris

Jul 13, 2003 at 4:19 PM Post #4 of 5
I recorded Musicmatch radio once. You can't do that with musicmatch but you can with an old Soundblaster Live card. Creative saw fit to include a recorder in the older sound blaster cards that would record from just about anywhere. I don't know about the new versions since I don't run soundblaster on anything other than my old computer.

Jul 13, 2003 at 5:59 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by minya
Uhm... are you trying to make a mix disc, or something? If so, you're going about it in a half-assed way. Use Traktor or Soundforge or SF Acid.

That said, you could run a cable from line-out to line-in and just record that, I guess.

- Chris

No, I am not making a mix disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back