Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Jan 16, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #1,411 of 1,830
@PabloSRT8

I don't remember seeing a start up guide or anything like that, but I can tell you what I did to both the 100R and X1 and I have had great battery life...I would say I just played over 12 hours of music on my X1 on one charge.

1.  Charge the unit to 100%
2.  Get some music on your player and use the stock player so you can start enjoying your new player.
3.  Start disabling every single app that you don't need.  Keep the Google Play Store so you an download other players if you want. 
4. Go through the settings and make sure Auto-sync is turned off (actually you might want to do this first).  I believe this is in the app's setting (make sure you do this in every music playing app, you can always manually run the sync)
5.  Check the services that are running...try disabling as many of these as you can...I wouldn't goof around with any of the system services (the ones with the android character)...also there are a handful of services that you won't be able to disable.  Also if you see some services that are running that you don't think you need, sometimes it will give a hint to an app is running that you don't need.  The stock player MIGHT drain the battery a bit quicker than an app like poweramp because it seems to need more system resources for some reason. But I can't prove this.  
6.  On my DP-x1, I actually disabled the virtual keyboard accidentally...so that was bad, so I had to start restarting apps/services until it came back...once I found the one that restarted the keyboard, I turned the other ones back off.  
7.  You can download other players if you want, I have used poweramp, seems pretty good.  I don't know if it is just me or not, but the stock payer might sound a bit better than poweramp...but I think it might have just been the particular album (although it was a 24/96 flac, but I don't think it was the greatest recording).  
8.  While you are doing this, let the player drain all the down to 0%...actually let itself turn off because of no battery juice left.
9.  Re-charge the player all the way back up to 100% and you should be good to.

Enjoy your player. 
Z

Thank you so much for all the info.
On thing I just noticed is that my xdp is not outputting dsd? My ifi micro should turn aqua color when dsd is being played.
Anything I'm missing?
Thank you!

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #1,414 of 1,830
I suddenly can't copy files from Windows over to the XDP. Using Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring Preview Build 15007. When XDP is connected via USB I can see the XDP including internal drive plus SD1 & SD2. I can create new folders on the SD cards. However when I go copy music files (FLAC or MP3) from computer/NAS to XDP there is an audible 'ding' and nothing happens, no message or anything.

Anyone else come across this?

I was able to copy files from my desktop with non-Insider Windows 10 install to the XDP. So it is the latest Build 15007 that is the culprit. Beware if you are in Fast Ring Insiders program. 15007 is riddled with other bugs as well so it's worth a skip, imo.

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #1,415 of 1,830
Hi, a little help with sound quality:

I'm comparing XDP-100R PoP USB out to ifi micro idsd bl vs MacBook Pro USB out to ifi micro idsd bl Audirvana.

Sound is very different on the Pioneer; I'm hearing piercing highs, and my ears hurt a little bit even after I removed my headphones.

I thought a transport was a transport and nothing changes.

Is it a setting I'm missing?

Do I need a different player app like Onkyo HF?

I've notice Poweramp does NOT have USB output option?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #1,420 of 1,830
Has anyone had any issues with poweramp and their headphones?  Was doing a quick search and came across an interesting thread on the poweramp forums.  Basically the user was claiming that poweramp was the cause for more than one set of headphones going wrong on him.

Was just curious if anyone else had had similar issues?

Also which do people prefer, Neutron or Poweramp?

Thanks

PS STILL flipping a coin between the pioneer and the cayin!

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #1,421 of 1,830
  Has anyone had any issues with poweramp and their headphones?  Was doing a quick search and came across an interesting thread on the poweramp forums.  Basically the user was claiming that poweramp was the cause for more than one set of headphones going wrong on him.

Was just curious if anyone else had had similar issues?

That's simply not possible. Someone is confusing correlation with causation

Jan 18, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #1,422 of 1,830
do i have to use a different rom or just unroot the xdp and change the files to use poweramp properly?

im looking for a remotecontrol so i dont need to playaround with the big player to change titels.

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #1,423 of 1,830
I've had my XDP-100R almost a year now and have read the whole of this thread but can't see if there has been a definitive resolution to the issue re 'skipping when playing through Tidal from SD card'?  I have experienced this in the past but it seems to be one of those intermittent issues that bugs the hell out of me!  Have I missed something or is it still WIP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back