Pioneer XDP-100R
Jul 9, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #46 of 64
Thinking about picking one of these up tomorrow to replace my bricked Fiio X5 III. Looks to be a rather solid player even after a year+.

Can anyone speak a bit about the music app? Does gapless playback work well? Can you build playlists properly? Can it scan a large library off both micro SD card slots for a solid shuffle? Pardon if these are rather basic questions, but since it's a stable player otherwise, these are my only real needs!

Jul 11, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #47 of 64
Thinking about picking one of these up tomorrow to replace my bricked Fiio X5 III. Looks to be a rather solid player even after a year+.

Can anyone speak a bit about the music app? Does gapless playback work well? Can you build playlists properly? Can it scan a large library off both micro SD card slots for a solid shuffle? Pardon if these are rather basic questions, but since it's a stable player otherwise, these are my only real needs!

As long as your headphones aren't too power hungry this is a great DAP.

Gapless works very well. Probably the best out of any player I've tried. I haven't built too many playlists but it will play across both cards seamlessly.

Jul 20, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #48 of 64
Agree, I have had mine for a month now and am rather impressed with its build quality. Somehow I'm less enamored by the battery autonomy compared to an IPod Classic, but I suppose all that Android stuff and the sound quality have to take their toll somewhere. I get about 12h without recharging, dread the day when a new battery will be required, I have no idea how this thing will be opened up!

Sep 11, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #49 of 64

I've read that there are glitches when they put in 2 200gb or 2 256gb Micro SDXC cards, have you found that to be an issue as well?
Also, if i'm playing music and it gets to the end of card slot 1, will it continue on to slot 2?
Can I also, set my playlist to jump from one slot to the other slot of music?

I just bought my xdp-100 and wanted to know, before I buy the memory cards for them.
Wasn't sure if I should just stick with the standard 2 x 128; but if 2 x 256 works great, then I'll do that.
Thank you!

Sep 11, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #50 of 64
It does not care what slot the music comes from. The only place it registers what slot is on the main browser when you are looking at the folder browser. Everywhere else it just lists the music. I keep different genres on different cards in different slots as I have a large collection of a couple of genres so I have to have a couple of them on separate cards. It is not an issue and not problem with 256 cards.

Sep 11, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #51 of 64
It does not care what slot the music comes from. The only place it registers what slot is on the main browser when you are looking at the folder browser. Everywhere else it just lists the music. I keep different genres on different cards in different slots as I have a large collection of a couple of genres so I have to have a couple of them on separate cards. It is not an issue and not problem with 256 cards.
Thank you! I'm going buy the 256 cards! It is odd that the player specs only list 128 as the max.

Sep 11, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #52 of 64
Thank you! I'm going buy the 256 cards! It is odd that the player specs only list 128 as the max.
At the time the player came out the 200 cards were not out yet. Shortly after the player came out the 200 cards released then the 256.

Sep 14, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #53 of 64
is this player still relevant? I mean due to its big size and there are similar/better options at a lower/similar price? i really wanted to upgrade my older fiio x5ii to get these.. butbacked off by looking at the dimensions and poor battery life as per reviews. isn't something like a fiio x5iii or a hidiz ap200 making more sense than this one from 2015?

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #54 of 64
is this player still relevant? I mean due to its big size and there are similar/better options at a lower/similar price? i really wanted to upgrade my older fiio x5ii to get these.. butbacked off by looking at the dimensions and poor battery life as per reviews. isn't something like a fiio x5iii or a hidiz ap200 making more sense than this one from 2015?
In the 250.00 price range they are hard to beat. You can usually find them for that or around 200.00 USD, so yes it is still rerelent when the fiio is more expensive and I much prefer the software on the pioneer.

Sep 14, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #55 of 64
I owned the fiio and returned it due to the poor software. I think the Pioneer is in a different league sound good with my fidelio x2 headphones.

Sep 15, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #56 of 64
I owned the fiio and returned it due to the poor software. I think the Pioneer is in a different league sound good with my fidelio x2 headphones.

currently I don't use a dap. the last one was the fiio x5 ii and an xduoo x10, I started using my galaxy s8 with a new c5d which clearly was better than both the daps. but this is again not convenient, but I had used the hifime9018 dac before and was really impressed by it. anyone had a chance to compare the output of a JDS LABS c5d with the pioneer? now that it's sometimes around 200 here in Germany I think I can still try it. due to my lovely wife who doesn't understand my audiophilia(!) I cannot afford to buy and sell lot of things:wink:

Sep 15, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #57 of 64
Did you mean the x5 ii gen or above ? I had the x3ii before and unlike others I felt x5ii was more neutral and darker in background meaning superior.. also it was not android but for me I didn't face any issues. do you prefer is quality over sound?

Sep 15, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #58 of 64
Did you mean the x5 ii gen or above ? I had the x3ii before and unlike others I felt x5ii was more neutral and darker in background meaning superior.. also it was not android but for me I didn't face any issues. do you prefer is quality over sound?
Yes I had a fiio x5 which was sluggish and irritating to use. The pioneer just feels good to use plus the streaming from qobuz into my little dot 2 amp is very good. The built in music app also handles gapless better and for some reason the fiio had issues with jumbling the order of tracks on sd card.
The same sd card is fine in the Pioneer.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #59 of 64
Yes I had a fiio x5 which was sluggish and irritating to use. The pioneer just feels good to use plus the streaming from qobuz into my little dot 2 amp is very good. The built in music app also handles gapless better and for some reason the fiio had issues with jumbling the order of tracks on sd card.
The same sd card is fine in the Pioneer.
I had listened to the original x5 and x5ii and I felt the x5ii much more better. original x5 sounds worse than x3ii in some aspects in my opinion. so you felt the pioneer way better in sound compared to the fiio? sound is the priority in my case.

Sep 15, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #60 of 64
I had listened to the original x5 and x5ii and I felt the x5ii much more better. original x5 sounds worse than x3ii in some aspects in my opinion. so you felt the pioneer way better in sound compared to the fiio? sound is the priority in my case.
For me they sound very similar. The pioneer maybe a bit more neutral. The fiio players do sound very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back