Pioneer SE-M390
Jul 22, 2010 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

slick1ru2

100+ Head-Fier
Just got a pair for review and for a phone that is under 40 bucks, WOW. The bass rivals my Ultrasone HFI 780. The sound stage is smaller, but after only about an hour and a half of listening, they are starting to sound much better. Or maybe that was the Percocet I took, lol. Anyway, the mids are a little recessed. But the BASS! Sure, its not the tightest, but its not mud either.Anyone else try these yet? I know they have been around for awhile, haven't seen much on them. 

Jul 25, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Just got a pair for review and for a phone that is under 40 bucks, WOW. The bass rivals my Ultrasone HFI 780. The sound stage is smaller, but after only about an hour and a half of listening, they are starting to sound much better. Or maybe that was the Percocet I took, lol. Anyway, the mids are a little recessed. But the BASS! Sure, its not the tightest, but its not mud either.Anyone else try these yet? I know they have been around for awhile, haven't seen much on them. 

I have a set of these, and I like them. I EQ up the upper mids a hair, but other than that, they have a great sound.....even out of my Clip+! Adding an amp really brings them to life.....Metallica's "One" with these amped is awesome!

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #4 of 5
just got one of these. typical pioneer sound, crisp highs, nice bass, a smile shaped sound curve. sounds like a smaller sea-1000.i will do a comparison to the jvc harx700. these are definitely a bargain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back