Pioneer SE-M290
Sep 13, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #2 of 5
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/429770/review-pioneer-se-m290

I couldn't find much beyond that and a few reviews on Amazon. Only $15 though, so it wouldn't be a huge loss if they didn't turn out to be very good.

Sep 13, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #3 of 5
I saw these today and was wondering about them. Just read they NEED amplification which is crazy for $14 headphones but that might be why they are $14. Generally speaking headphones in this range are very low resistance.

I'm sure my 130w Pioneer amp could handle it but it would probably be a downgrade from my RX700's or even my HD201's.

Sep 13, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I saw these today and was wondering about them. Just read they NEED amplification which is crazy for $14 headphones but that might be why they are $14. Generally speaking headphones in this range are very low resistance.

Agree...i wouldn't get $14 headphones who need serious amplification, only if they are vintage. 
I can only see 1 positive review...

Apr 22, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #5 of 5
I have this cans and the price is very self explanatory. Soundstage is almost non existent, but they are pretty well balanced (for what you pay). They're all made of plastic, that makes them pretty lightweight. The headband mechanism is interesting, you don't have to adjust it. The ear pads are made of a fabric material, that is not very breathable (after an hour my ears start getting pretty hot, their good winter headphones xD).
Overall their very comfortable and the sound is good for what your paying they are the kind of headphones you have laying around your house to watch youtube videos on your computer, iPad, etc... For 15 dollars I would get them these were a gift and after some research I found they costed 50 € so for 15$ it's a good purchase (don't buy from ebay or amazon if you don't know if the seller is an official pioneer dealer, trust me on that, nowadays the fake headphones look exactly like the real deal but when you plug them in...)
Hope that this helped you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back