Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Aug 17, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #17 of 530
Also consider SE-CH5T as a cheaper option, they use same driver, but don't have MMCX connectors and seems to be all-plastic construction.
I'm even tempted to order a pair, US $38 delivered from amazon JP is cheaper than the price I pay for ChiFi IEM's on the average...

Aug 17, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #18 of 530
My Muses02 arrived, has been promptly installed in Zishan Z2... I'm lost for words, it's such a mesmerising combination!
PS: Muses02 levelled mid-range out nicely, and gave soundstage more width. Which confirms my suspicions that CH9T is exceptionally transparent, not introducing or superimposing their sonic signature upon what you throw at them.

Aug 17, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #22 of 530
Just ordered CH5T (same driver, similar specs) from Amazon Japan for $38 delivered.
CH5T also has a 2.5mm balanced version available.

Curious to read about the difference. The official website says that the metal housing of the ch9t offers more controlled bass, but I wonder if it is really audible.

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #23 of 530
Do update us if similar deals appear

Will do.

You can also set an alert with camelcamelcamel, and it will email you as soon as the price hits your target. Often those crazy low prices only exist fo a day or even for a few hours. So the alerts are key.

Aug 20, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #24 of 530
Had mine last June. First listen i found it fun to listen to but its bass was kind of overpowering the mids a little bit. Tried swapping eartips with JVC Spiraldots welp not too bad anymore. Really good iem considering its price.

Sep 4, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #25 of 530
Ch9t is my 1st IEM in about 6 years. I've been using headphones since my last IEM, which was the Sennheiser IE8.

Honestly, I don't even remember how my IE8s sound, nor do I have any experience with any of the newer IEMs, so I can't give a fair evaluation of the CH9T -- IEM-wise.

What I can do say is:

- I've long ditched IEMs after hearing what full sized headphones can offer. the CH9T has convinced me that ditching IEMs is something I would gladly take back.
- It sounds pretty darn refined for the price. Sound is spacious compared to my memory of IEMs of the past.
- I don't recall 100% my IE8 sound sig, but I wouldn't be surprised if the CH9T sounded better than it.
- I don't crave IEM upgrade after this. I am fine having this as my only IEM to complement my headphones.
- Compared to my Full sized headphones ( Momentum over ear) - It seems to resolve the same details but with more dynamics. Momentums win in having a more flat & natural sound, hence less fatiguing, however the CH9T is more musically flattering to listen to. I feel that the momentums have better resolution -- I am able to differentiate Lossless with lossy files using the momentums -- compared to the ch9t. I know it isn't a fair comparison since the momentums are Sennheiser's highend closed can, but this is the only gear I have to compare it to.
- Some say the Sound sig is U Shaped. Bass is plentiful, but still well controlled and detailed, doesn't spill into the mids. Highs are detailed & refined-- I don't think highs are as accentuated as the bass. Mids are a bit distant. Some say you need the best seal or Foam tips to improve the mids. I will have to find this out. So far, the XS tips provide better mids but with the expense of stronger bass.

I only have good things to say for this IEM-- and for the price, it only makes it better. If I could change any characteristic of this IEM, it would be more upfront mids and a bit leaner bass.

BTW, I am using the CH9t with an Audioquest Dragonfly as source. Sound improved with better DAC/AMP over the builin headphone out (Laptop and Smartphone).

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #26 of 530
Update : mids are good. I think I was just getting used to the better depth & more spacious soundstage. After mental burn-in, this IEM is scarily good. I now prefer it over my full sized Momentums which has been my favorite all-rounder for a few years now.

UPDATE #2 :I get better sound wearing them downwards (i.e. not over ear). just switch L & R and use smallest tips. They are also alot more comfortable this way. The mids have more presence and bass is evened out. They soundlike headphones :D

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #27 of 530
Does anybody use the mic? I'm wondering if it is at all decent. I have a friend looking for something with a decent mic that doesn't cost a fortune. I'll probably snag a pair for myself and run it balanced out of my Opus #1.

Sep 7, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #28 of 530
Used the Mic and is working fine here. For calls that is. still not a fan of using in ears for talking though, hearing your own voice feels weird. im sure the mic is decent especially considering this is pioneer's current top of the line iem.

Sep 10, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #29 of 530
These have been my gym IEMs for the past couple of months, paired with my Fiio M3 it's a perfect combo. The stock cable is great but started to untwist at the bottom so I switched to my CA Lyra II cable since I'm running those with a cheap Chinese balanced cable. The Litz cable gives increases the treble a bit, so that gives off better resolution IMO.

Sep 10, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #30 of 530
These have been my gym IEMs for the past couple of months, paired with my Fiio M3 it's a perfect combo. The stock cable is great but started to untwist at the bottom so I switched to my CA Lyra II cable since I'm running those with a cheap Chinese balanced cable. The Litz cable gives increases the treble a bit, so that gives off better resolution IMO.

Awesome, how would you compare the treble to let say the Shure SE215? I'm wanting to buy this Pioneer IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back