Pioneer HDJ-2000
Jul 7, 2010 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

budgetboy

100+ Head-Fier

If anyone has heard, owned, or currently own these headphones, please post your impressions.

More specifically, regarding the following:

1. Sound Quality
  2. Comfort
  3. Fit
  4. Durability
  5. Looks
  6. Good or not for casual listening (not for DJ or Studio use)

If I dont get any positive replies, I'm just gonna pull the trigger on some ATH-M50's over at B&H.

Thanks in advance,
Budgetboy

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #3 of 25

Quote:
With pioneer you pay that fancy durable materials. ATH-M50 is much better choice !

X2
The price is high for the materials, but they will last you for years. They are supposed to be Dj headphones. 

Jul 7, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #4 of 25
My friend has the HDJ-2000. They're extremely solid. The sound is well refined, and bass has impact. It's definitely not neutral though, and the sound stage is rather small.

Jul 7, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #5 of 25
Alright, thanks for the heads up. I was just having some last-minute doubts after seeing those beauties. 
tongue_smile.gif

But if I ever start to DJ, those HDJ-2000s are going to be first on my list.

Jul 8, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #7 of 25
I have already heard hundreds of people say that the HD25-1s are awesome, but I just couldnt see them looking anything less than geeky on me.

http://www.shopadidas.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4008415

But these Adidas ones are pretty tight, as long as I'm not DJing in any "ghetto" neighborhoods.
wink_face.gif

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #9 of 25
I know, seeing Adidas street style on indestructible, industry-standard Sennheisers is kinda weird.

I totally want them though.
bigsmile_face.gif

What do you think, should I show Head-Fi the HD25's street cousin?

I can already imagine the replies: "Why would you pay $100 extra to get HD25's "tricked out"? You must be a 10 year old wankster, go get yourself some Monster Beats." lol

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #10 of 25
I disagree.

The Skullcandies and Monster Beats are all about aesthetics.  They are worn more for street cred than they are for their primary purpose.

I respect anyone that at least takes an awesome pair of headphones and then adds some style to them from there.  Not that I especially want them, but at least they won't break in a month of use.

Jul 9, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #11 of 25
I couldn't agree more. My main issue with the HD25s is their looks, and if they're as great as people say, then adidas just made an awesome pair of phones more accessible for the style-concious.

New thread:
Introducing the HD25's stylish little brother

lets see if there are more people like us on Head-Fi
beerchug.gif

Jul 9, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #12 of 25
Hey thanks for the post Soaa-

I heard that the frequencies were optimized for beat matching, meaning that kick drum and high hat would be emphasized. Is that why you call them unbalanced?

I really like that they have great comfort, durability, and looks, but coming from Sennheiser IE8s, will I be dissapointed in the sound quality?

Jul 9, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #13 of 25
Yeah, they do sound like they have that V-shaped frequency response graph. They don't sound bad -- they're actually quite pleasant, and you can cut the bass a bit with an EQ if you find it fatiguing. Note that the IE8 is also very bass-heavy.

I can tell you that the Pioneer is very comfortable. The pads are softer than most, and the isolation is really good. They're quite sensitive too, so you can drive them from a portable source.

The question now is, are you looking for a neutral sound signature? If you are, the HDJ-2000 isn't for you.

Jul 9, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #14 of 25
I'm not sure. The IE8s are awesome, and they aren't neutral. I mean they're awesome, but if I can get similar detail and listening pleasure from the ATH-M50s, then there's no way I can justify the price of the Pioneers.

Jul 10, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #15 of 25

Quote:
I'm not sure. The IE8s are awesome, and they aren't neutral. I mean they're awesome, but if I can get similar detail and listening pleasure from the ATH-M50s, then there's no way I can justify the price of the Pioneers.

That is true. I've never heard the M50, but many members here love theirs, so just grab one and give it a shot? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back