pinouts for AV-710 front audio header
Apr 16, 2005 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Halbyrd

Head-Fier
This is a fairly esoteric question, but I figure someone in here might have experience with this. I'm trying to hook up the front audio ports on my case to the audio header pins on the AV-710, but I've run into a bit of a snag.

The wires coming from the header, rather than being locked into a single plug, are all separated, so that I'll have to manually match up mic+ with mic+, ground with ground, stereo L with stereo L, and so on.

The problem with this is, the pins on the AV710 aren't labeled, so I can't tell which is which. The manual is worse than useless, and I've little confidence in the Via Arena fora, so I'm asking here:

Can anyone give me a pinout diagram for the AV710 front audio header connector?

Much thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 5
I'm not sure if the pinout is the same, but the connector looks a lot like Intel standard front panel audio connectors. They even have the same key on pin 8. You can find the pinout on the following page:

http://support.intel.com/support/mot.../CS-015851.htm

Pin one on the Chaintech AV710 is on the bottom row furthest on the left (the one with the triangle under it).

Let me know how it goes: I'm interested the connector is indeed the same as Intel's.

Apr 26, 2005 at 8:07 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks Sockman, I found the same info elsewhere. As it turns out, it is indeed compliant with the Intel standard for audio header connectors. Who knew?
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2005 at 9:52 PM Post #4 of 5
I have the same problem only worse.

I have a front audio connector that has 6 wires (The plug has 8 holes actually but the middle two are not used). This is probably irrelevant but the wires colors are from left to right: White, Red, Black, Skip, Skip, Black, Brown, Orange. The problem is that they are arranged in a line. Like so:

Here is the slot on the board. This has 8 pins.

As you can tell no matter how hard I push I can't get a 1x4 plug into a 2x5 set of pins. What can I do?

P.S. Please excuse my shoddy camera work.

Apr 28, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #5 of 5
Bump. I want to figure this out before I close up my case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back