Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 17, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #11,973 of 37,715
You could get Dreamline Plus interconnects yourself, then ask someone you trust to cut them up and make some mini to mini cables.

A pair of 1.5-m Dreamline is like 5K and basically there will be 3 meters of cable as starter, then you could split them with many of us here who should be interested. The tough part is simply finding the right person to get that job done really well

http://www.audiorevelation.com/cre/information.php?info_id=10

Or simply go for Platinum Eclipse 7 for now, then wait for something else that's comparable to Dreamline in the future?

http://www.thecableco.com/Product/Platinum-Eclipse-7-iPod

I have some high end IC , but the SQ are below my IC CC Dream Line

May 17, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #11,975 of 37,715
I will ask him after he is come back from Singapore

It's always tricky to work with anything from Siltech / Crystal Cable these days because of way too much fake stuff out there, that's why I'm really cautious.

So glad that Rudi could find someone trustworthy to get a job well done, congratulations and hopefully we'll see Absolute Dream soon.

Yeah the amount of fakes is a huge problem, guess the only chance for a dreamline plus interconnect falls on Rudi's friend for now.

May 17, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #11,976 of 37,715
One class below Dreamline should be Crystal Cable CrystalConnect Ultra Diamond then. Just really brave to cut cables up like that for making headphone cables.

It's always tricky to work with anything from Siltech / Crystal Cable these days because of way too much fake stuff out there, that's why I'm really cautious.

So glad that Rudi could find someone trustworthy to get a job well done, congratulations and hopefully we'll see Absolute Dream soon.

Did you mean siltech and Crystal Cable are one company

My friend bought from local dealer from CC cable
He bought 1 m lenght RCA dream line $ 7700 USD
He made for me 4 braid dream line mini to mini with via Blue plug about 12 cm length

May 17, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #11,978 of 37,715
Did you mean siltech and Crystal Cable are one company

My friend bought from local dealer from CC cable

He bought 1 m lenght RCA dream line $ 7700 USD

He made for me 4 braid dream line mini to mini with via Blue plug about 12 cm length

Siltech & Crystal Cable aren't one company,

but the owners of the 2 companies are husband and wife.
Siltech owned by the husband & Crystal Cable owned by the wife. :D

May 17, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #11,979 of 37,715
Yeah the amount of fakes is a huge problem, guess the only chance for a dreamline plus interconnect falls on Rudi's friend for now.

hi Zach

What is dream line plus ?
Is that another type of dream line
He has the lowest. CC is Piccolo
And one class above Ultrra Diamond , he made for his LCD X cable 1,5 m length
And Dreamline he cut into small pieces and sell to us for mini to mini with different lenght and Plug like from Furutech Rhodium
Oyaide Gold and Rhodium and Via Blue and Swift craft plugs

So far I tested

Swift craft : is neutral , if your music harsh come out harsh , the plug make what your source done

Via Blue : the most sweet and intimate SQ , high is not so extended

Furutech rhodium : bright and very clean sounding Plug

Oyaide gold : is warm and forward

Oyaide Rhodium : bright bit not as clean as Furutech

Which one is your taste ? :D

IMO

May 17, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #11,981 of 37,715
hi Zach

What is dream line plus ?
Is that another type of dream line
He has the lowest. CC is Piccolo
And one class above Ultrra Diamond , he made for his LCD X cable 1,5 m length
And Dreamline he cut into small pieces and sell to us for mini to mini with different lenght and Plug like from Furutech Rhodium
Oyaide Gold and Rhodium and Via Blue and Swift craft plugs

So far I tested

Swift craft : is neutral , if your music harsh come out harsh , the plug make what your source done

Via Blue : the most sweet and intimate SQ , high is not so extended

Furutech rhodium : bright and very clean sounding Plug

Oyaide gold : is warm and forward

Oyaide Rhodium : bright bit not as clean as Furutech

Which one is your taste ?
biggrin.gif

IMO

From the Crystal Cable website:

When Crystal Cable introduced the Absolute Dream series in 2012, it set new standards for metallurgy and performance. The world's first entirely mono-crystal cable, its musical achievements are reflected in its fantastic reviews and multiple awards. But its performance left the Crystal cable team dreaming of more - more performance for more people.

What makes the Absolute Dream so special? Its unique construction consists of a pure mono-crystal silver core, protected by Dupont Kapton and PEEK dielectrics and further safeguarded by two additional shielding layers, one of silver-plated mono-crystal copper and one of gold-plated mono-crystal silver, resulted in the ultimate goal - maximum signal transmission with minimum noise. As the new flagship product (positioned well above the then top-of-the-line Dreamline series),  Absolute Dream uses four of these unique conductors, twisted into a single cable. But what would happen if we only used two conductors? That's the question we asked - and the answer is the Dreamline Plus. Slightly adjusting the Dreamline name but worthy of replacing the latter series, it made our dream a reality. With only two of our unique, precious metal conductors, the Dreamline Plus can cost half as much as the Absolute Dream, while still offering most of its sonic and musical benefits.

I'm thinking that probably only the viablue plug will be able to fit the thickness of the dreamline plus cable though.

May 17, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #11,982 of 37,715
We'll have to find out how thick Dreamline Plus really is, hopefully we could fit 3 wires inside each end of 3.5-mm connector.

And the soldering part could be somewhat tricky because of the thickness of each wire, let's wait and see then.

Hi seeteeyou

Please share the line from Crystal Cable from bottom to top
I know only piccolo and Dreamline and ultra diamond :D

Thank you

May 17, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #11,984 of 37,715
Hi seeteeyou

Please share the line from Crystal Cable from bottom to top
I know only piccolo and Dreamline and ultra diamond
biggrin.gif

Thank you

I got you Rudi
biggrin.gif

From bottom of the line to top of the line:

1. piccolo diamond
2. micro diamond
3. standard diamond
4. reference diamond
5. ultra diamond
6. dreamline (discontinued)
7. dreamline plus (2 conductor version of absolute dream)
8. absolute dream (4 conductors)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back