Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 12, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #11,882 of 37,652
The DX5o will accept a wider variety of file types

Putting Rockbox on that iPod will fix this..

wink_face.gif

May 12, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #11,888 of 37,652
hows your first pair of customs?

At first, it was quite questionable. It was a love hate relationship. Comfort, isolation and just plain swag and a few goosebumps moments - stacked up against really muddy sound...( before buying I demoed it with SPC cable. I didn't manage to get one. Due to some circumstances, I ended up with a copper cable which changed the entire sound )

Now with the new cable though........... I couldn't stop listening and the "just one more song" syndrome kicks in. I don't wanna offend anyone but unfortunately id have to say this pairing rivals SD3 with stock cable. Only huge diff is that with SD3, the vocals and background is extremely contrasted. Not so much with this pairing

But on the whole, as a ciem, pretty satisfying, although my next iem will be SD3 and the one after that is most likely a TOTL universal. Things do change though and I might be wrong about my plans.

May 12, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #11,889 of 37,652
At first, it was quite questionable. It was a love hate relationship. Comfort, isolation and just plain swag and a few goosebumps moments - stacked up against really muddy sound...( before buying I demoed it with SPC cable. I didn't manage to get one. Due to some circumstances, I ended up with a copper cable which changed the entire sound )

Now with the new cable though........... I couldn't stop listening and the "just one more song" syndrome kicks in. I don't wanna offend anyone but unfortunately id have to say this pairing rivals SD3 with stock cable. Only huge diff is that with SD3, the vocals and background is extremely contrasted. Not so much with this pairing

But on the whole, as a ciem, pretty satisfying, although my next iem will be SD3 and the one after that is most likely a TOTL universal. Things do change though and I might be wrong about my plans.

Seems like you're really happy with these ciems, good for you

May 12, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #11,890 of 37,652
Today I have the chance to hear ALO International +

The different between ALO International and International +

International + :
DAC Is IDevice like iPhone 5 s and IPad Air ready for use

The physik is lighter

Can be charge with micro USB .

My short impression :

High : more detail , better clarity
Mid : more clear and better pronounce
Bass : has better bass detail , but not as deep as Imternational
Separation : better than international
Soundstage : wider , the depth International is better

Overall : SQ has improvement in detail and clarity , wider soundstage , I remember sound character like my Duet , Duet has more balance

IMO

May 12, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #11,891 of 37,652

Nope - works just fine!

More info in this thread;

http://www.head-fi.org/t/532426/ipod-classic-rockbox-its-happening

But, a rockboxed iPod wont connect with any Cypher Labs products.  Of course, its easy to un-rockbox....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back