Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Oct 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #7,427 of 37,713
DX 50 with external amp parade :

Source : DX 50 through line out
Amps : from left to right
Theorem 720 DAC pair with IPhone 4 s
Mass Kobo 385
Ortofon MHD Q7
JL Audio BAB III JE
Headamp Pico Dac Amp
Headamp Pico Slim
IBasso T5

Iem : Earsonic S EM 6
Cable : mini to mini diy

Please share and guess here , which amp has the best SQ and synergy with DX50 ?

Thank you

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #7,432 of 37,713
I simply cannot work my camera around Hisound's Rocco BA, the gloss front finish is terrible to work with.
I need special filter or lens to kill the reflections. 

Anyway, my main rig is finally complete, I use Hisound's Rocco BA by choice over Studio V and DX50 for Rhapsodio's RDB+ v1 Mini.
The synergy is just to clean and crisp compared to my other players, these two will stay tied together as one.
Finally completed yesterday after my SPC 7N OFHC cable arrived!

Oct 17, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #7,434 of 37,713
  Looks awesome!
Not sure about the BA, but I really liked the RDB v1. 

Thanks Lin,

Yes looks much better than the blue cable that was on their previously, the white and purple go well together. 
Believe me the Rocco out performs DX50, with this paring, much clearer and detailed, airy, better coherency.

IMO.  

Oct 17, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #7,435 of 37,713
Pico Slim?

The best synergy for amps until 500 USD with DX 50

Source : IBasso DX 50 as transport
I use DX 50 line out
Firmware : 1.1.6
File music : WAV
Amp :Tralucent Audio T1
Iem : Earsonic SEM 6
Headphone : Fostex TH 900
Cable : mini to mini diy by my friend Alex

My impression :

I have many Portable Amps until 500 USD , my Tralucent Audio T1 has the best with my DX 50

High : very clear and clean , very good detail , and very good pronounce until we can hear
Percussion cymbals very detail .

Mid : very sweet , clean and clear sounding midrange that we can hear how the Sanger breath

Bass : excellent bass impact , very good speed and bass attach .
We can hear the snare bass guitar very clear with the echo how the player play their
Bass guitar

Soundstage : wide and with very good depth as well

Separation : very good separation , that we can imagine where the instrument coming from.

Background : very black background , that we feel in concert hall

Conclusion :

This is the best synergy between my DX 50 and T1, like DX 50 born for T1
Excellent clarity and sweet clear midrange and very good bass impact and veery good bass speed
I love these set up , even can drive my TH 900 in high end SQ

This is my IMO

53da967497403c76ed583206ce8f976a_zps4395ba8d.jpg

Oct 17, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #7,436 of 37,713
I simply cannot work my camera around Hisound's Rocco BA, the gloss front finish is terrible to work with.

I need special filter or lens to kill the reflections. 

Anyway, my main rig is finally complete, I use Hisound's Rocco BA by choice over Studio V and DX50 for Rhapsodio's RDB+ v1 Mini.

The synergy is just to clean and crisp compared to my other players, these two will stay tied together as one.

Finally completed yesterday after my SPC 7N OFC cable arrived!

How is the SQ Rhapsodio compare to 1+2?

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #7,438 of 37,713
How is the SQ Rhapsodio compare to 1+2?

1Plus2 is better, higher end sound, stronger technically and the bass is unmatched (1Plus2 dynamics and bass impact are just to strong) however for a fraction of the price I think $400 for RDB+ v1 Mini is still a good 75-80% what 1Plus2 offers IMO. They certainly sound like they're similar gene pool or blood line. I could of purchased 1Plus2 unit but stayed with $400 hybrid for now, rather than outlay an extra $800 odd dollars on top for 1Plus2. I'll stay on this and meet a sane level of diminishing returns. 
tongue.gif

Very happy with the Mini, I wouldn't of bought it otherwise. My decision made after demoing both 1Plus2 and RDB+ v1 Mini for lengthy amounts of time.

Oct 17, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #7,439 of 37,713
  has anyone used crystal piccolino cable for your portable gear?
any impression?

Thanks

I use a crystal piccolino 3.5 interconnect between my AK120 and amp (various Govibe Portatube, Alo Rxmk3b+, RSA 71a) to drive either my Fitear TG334 or Fostex TH900.

In my view and to my ears, the cable improves the sound in almost all aspects, most noticeably in rounding off the bass. The clarity is also helped a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back