Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Sep 9, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #6,662 of 7,509
Quote:
Actually my very first post on Head-Fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Nothing extraordinary but i really enjoy it.

iPod Video 60GB Rockboxed -> FiiO L9 LOD -> Fiio E11 -> Shure SE215

Hi there and welcome! I also own a pair of SE215 and very proud of it. Thinking about a Fiio E11 amplification in near future. Can you, please, compare sound quality with and without amplification? 
beerchug.gif

Thanks in advance.

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #6,663 of 7,509

The E1 bypasses the rather poor click-wheel volume control on the Classic.

This set-up is really for when I'm in bed; I don't take the Klipsch outside, having destroyed a couple of pairs of iems by rough usage.

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #6,664 of 7,509
Quote:

The E1 bypasses the rather poor click-wheel volume control on the Classic.

This set-up is really for when I'm in bed; I don't take the Klipsch outside, having destroyed a couple of pairs of iems by rough usage.

Looks good! Mine should be here tomorrow morning. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #6,665 of 7,509
Quote:
So this morning I awoke to the sound of my headphone case being opened, to find my 2&1/2 year old son playing with my Edition 8s. Doh! Totally my fault, he's always been obsessed with headphones and I had them sitting around where he could reach them... The upshot? My sons first rig, a Voodoo'd S1 and some cheap TDK headphones that he chose and completely adores:

Not a bad use for the Galaxy, since it was only sitting around gathering dust, and he already knows how to unlock it, and then open the music player and select tracks.

That's pretty impressive for a 2 and-a-half-year-old :). Mine steals her grandma's iPhone, turns it on, finds the pictures and sits there for ages just flipping through photos and videos. Thankfully she has no interest in my headphones yet...

Sep 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #6,666 of 7,509
Quote:
Hi there and welcome! I also own a pair of SE215 and very proud of it. Thinking about a Fiio E11 amplification in near future. Can you, please, compare sound quality with and without amplification? 
beerchug.gif

Thanks in advance.

Well, I am far away from being somewhat of an "expert" on these type of things, but I´ll try to sum my thoughts up as good as I can.
First of all, my initial reason for the amp was the fact that I wanted to bypass the headphone jack of the iPod using a LOD. With that I figured the best way to get the best out of it would be with a nice little amp, since it may increase the Soundquality a bit, as well.
So with that said, i think the E11 is definitely an improvement, but not a huge at that. In my opinion it brought out slight more detail.
A downside to it may be a slightly more notable hissing, but that is not a huge problem to me, as you can only tell while nothing is playing.
So I would recommend trying out the E11, as it is not a huge strain on your wallet and it really was an improvement for me.
Hopefully this helped you. :)
Cheers
beerchug.gif

Sep 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #6,671 of 7,509
Quote:

That's pretty impressive for a 2 and-a-half-year-old :). Mine steals her grandma's iPhone, turns it on, finds the pictures and sits there for ages just flipping through photos and videos. Thankfully she has no interest in my headphones yet...

It's quite nicely set up too. The Kids Mode app makes a completely sandboxed environment for him, and by using replaygain tags and setting the maximum headphone amplifier output in Voodoo Sound we know he can't hurt his hearing.

Kids are pretty savvy to this stuff these days, glad yours isn't into your headphones (nobodies wallet deserves a double whammy of sorry!).

Sep 9, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #6,673 of 7,509
Quote:
Actually my very first post on Head-Fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Nothing extraordinary but i really enjoy it.

iPod Video 60GB Rockboxed -> FiiO L9 LOD -> Fiio E11 -> Shure SE215

Nice!

Sep 10, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #6,675 of 7,509
I really like them now - wasn't too sure of them at first, coming from the ie8s, but it's a sound signature I like.

I use the Beyerdynamics outside as the Klipsch are fragile. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back