Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jul 2, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #5,508 of 7,509
WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR AVATAR!!! :O

"Draw your avatar July"

At first I changed my avatar to one where I redrew over the orginal using different layers in GIMP, but people didn't appreciate that for some odd reason (despite it taking multiple hours), so I changed it to something I drew without using such 'cheats'. Free-hand and in paint (well, GIMP technically, but same thing).

Jul 2, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #5,509 of 7,509
I would go the 3M dual lock Velcro over rubber bands. The low profile one gets great recommendations here.

Jul 3, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #5,510 of 7,509
Clip Owners... Ditch those Rubber Bands!

1. Velcro Strap. (Dollar Store or Power Supply Swag :))
2. Body Glove Swivel belt clip. (Princess Auto / Harbor Freight, I paid $1.99 from Princess Auto)
or expensive -> http://www.amazon.com/Body-Glove-74433-Swivel-Silver/dp/B00006JKX2
Any belt clip will do though

Velcro around the E11

Clip to the Velcro

Snap the button into the receiver of the belt clip & hook up the cable...

Ready to Rock!

Cheap and easy, also looks clean.
*Attach the sticky belt clip button to the side of the E11 that does not come off...
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Jul 4, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #5,513 of 7,509
Quote:
Clip Owners... Ditch those Rubber Bands!

1. Velcro Strap. (Dollar Store or Power Supply Swag :))
2. Body Glove Swivel belt clip. (Princess Auto / Harbor Freight, I paid $1.99 from Princess Auto)
or expensive -> http://www.amazon.com/Body-Glove-74433-Swivel-Silver/dp/B00006JKX2
Any belt clip will do though

Velcro around the E11

Clip to the Velcro

Snap the button into the receiver of the belt clip & hook up the cable...

Ready to Rock!

Cheap and easy, also looks clean.
*Attach the sticky belt clip button to the side of the E11 that does not come off...
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

I'm thinking about doing this without the belt clip on the back. I do enjoy my rubber bands though. 

They help keep the soundstage together. O_o

Jul 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #5,518 of 7,509
...noticed that too...nice choice :).

My brother-in-law found a not-too-bad vinyl copy the other day when we were trawling some boxes....

Jul 4, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #5,519 of 7,509
Quote:
I'm thinking about doing this without the belt clip on the back. I do enjoy my rubber bands though. 

They help keep the soundstage together. O_o

Just don't Cryo the rubber as it will make the soundstage very harsh & brittle. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #5,520 of 7,509
Quote:

Just don't Cryo the rubber as it will make the soundstage very harsh & brittle. 
biggrin.gif

I used to have a gold in colour rubberband coated with silver paint but I found the fiio band providing me a blacker background with less grain... Nuff's said fiio bands are the best. Judging from the material I doubt the CLAS bands would provide any improvements either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back