Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Jan 24, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #2,176 of 3,208

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Do you guys really have to quote the same image over and over again?

I know, right! While it is a nice picture it really isn't that hard to click it and then hit the "Delete" key on the keyboard.

+1 - its appalling netiquette, and WE are not amused !

I can see where you guys are coming from (I will try and improve in the future), and I'm not trying to start a flame war.

Seriously though, is the scroll wheel really that hard to use?

I spent too much money on headphones to afford a scroll wheel

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #2,178 of 3,208
Sigh. Its like trying to herd cats - no wonder Commandant Eric gave up after a week.

Those of you living in your Mom's basement with T1 connections might like to spare a thought for those of us who are periodically reduced to the Free Wi-Fi (ha !) at McDonalds. Even *with* a good connection here at work I dont particularly want to scroll thru the same crapola 15 times.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #2,179 of 3,208

Quote:

My current portable rig:
Samsung P3 > iBasso CB-06 > Corda Stepdance > Westone ES5

loving every moment I spend with it! 
o2smile.gif

Is your Stepdance in some kind of protective foil? 

Great setup, I see Stepdance has really caught a lot of attention.

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #2,181 of 3,208
Quote:
I feel like the border makes the photograph. Nice setup!

Quote:
Vault101 said:

Thanks!

Quote:
Sweet setup and capture.
What camera / lense did u use?

Thanks! Im using Canon 550D w/  50mm F1.8 & 580EX II

Quote:
I read that as RickRolla... carry on. :wink:

tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
Is your Stepdance in some kind of protective foil? 

Great setup, I see Stepdance has really caught a lot of attention.

Yeap it is, its those transparent wrapper you used to wrap your textbooks in school
  They do deserve the attention, the transparency is just....
eek.gif

Quote:
Aw the customs, the customs I must get a pair....maybe I'll take back the Segway 
eek.gif

Love the amp what is it???

Just buy them!
very_evil_smiley.gif

The amp is the Meier Corda Stepdance

Jan 25, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #2,184 of 3,208
That looks like one of the Jaben cables for the UE connection. The area by the pins look too different than the ES cable so unless there's another one of these cables for UE then it should be the Jaben.

Jan 25, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #2,187 of 3,208
Hmm, weird that all custom IEM manufacturers seem to source their cables from the same manufacturer. Personally, I thought the cables of my UE11 and SM3 (they're the exact same thing) are the bee's knees, but with extended usage they just got really stiff, and not great to use at all.

Jan 25, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #2,188 of 3,208
I haven't had any issues with my ES cable. It does get a bit stiff in colder weather and the memory wire is just stupid but for overall use it's not bad. If it had the comfort of the universal ES cable without the memory wire it would be great for me. 

If the Moon Audio cable was a bit cheaper I'd consider buying it since it looks similar to the CK10 cable which is very comfortable but paying almost $200 for a minor inconvenience is quite silly imo. 

All the custom iem companies having more or less the same cable is useful however. If one has multiple customs you don't have to worry about the cable. If one breaks by accident you have others that you can use in the mean time.

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #2,189 of 3,208
I really like the cable on my SM3's but it gets really twisted after being in a case. I can't get it to stay straight. That was one thing I really liked about the CK10 cable, it was sturdy and had no memory in its cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back