Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Aug 23, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #421 of 3,208

What's the technology behind it?
Quote:
Because I am using an iMod the caps greatly affect the sound I am hearing. The Mcaps compared to blackgates is not fight to me. The Mcaps bring out the clarity so much more than the blackgates. Bass is also much tighter and punchier, soundstage is also a lot wider compared to the blackgates. It's so amazing I now can't do without them! 
dt880smile.png

I did try it with my friend's normal iPod line out and I think it still does give the improvement mentioned above but not as great as compared to the iMod but still worth it though. I highly recommend you guys try it out!

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #422 of 3,208

Quote:
What's the technology behind it?

If you do a search on iMods you will understand that when your iPod is modded, the internal capacitors are bypassed and you will need external capacitors either inside the LOD or like the Mcaps to remove a DC voltage that would fry your earphones. It's a set of capacitors inside

Aug 23, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #423 of 3,208
That is all I wanted to know.

Quote:
If you do a search on iMods you will understand that when your iPod is modded, the internal capacitors are bypassed and you will need external capacitors either inside the LOD or like the Mcaps to remove a DC voltage that would fry your earphones. It's a set of capacitors inside

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #431 of 3,208
Dang it, every time I see a J3, I want to get rid of my Sony.  :wink:

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #433 of 3,208
I have heard rumors but no official specks or pictures.

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #434 of 3,208
Marvin's Updated Portable Setup
 ​
Current Setup: Cowon J3 with JH Audio JH16 Pro​
 ​
 ​
Sources
 ​
iPhone 3GS - 16 GB with Star Wars Stormtrooper​
 ​
 ​
MacBook Pro 15"​