Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Feb 7, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #4,276 of 5,950
>>>>>>reserved for Pico Slim rig<<<<<<<

biggrin.gif

More pretty HQ pics please for my Webshots.
beerchug.gif

Feb 8, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #4,283 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrashingshrimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure, but I think those are Hippo Shrooms. I'm probably wrong though...

You're right, Shroom in the nude. Without silicon tips they look really snazzy in my opinion, full metal and drilled holes.

Feb 8, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #4,284 of 5,950
NIE mini hifi with UE TF-10s.

5ac5052b.jpg

Feb 8, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #4,286 of 5,950
Quote:

Must take quite some extension cord to make that portable...

Laptops have batteries too!

Feb 8, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #4,287 of 5,950
After a second airport mishap that have left me without the Shure's I started the trip with, I've settled on forgoing the costly end of portable listening. As much as I hate to say it, my current portable rig (which gets about 20 minutes of use a day, tops) is about the look now. I've got my home rig for actually listening to music.

P0095794.jpg

They are Elecom EHP DIN 09. I bought them in Japan when I found I had lost, possibly been picked, my SE110's. Since I didn't really have the cash to buy something expensive, I went for something weird looking.

They sound OK at best, but when I'm walking to and from class, that's good enough.

Feb 8, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #4,288 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by krismusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I reckon that you are putting a lot of strain on your plugs and sockets. I would put both items in one bag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ From looking at the picture the cables look like they have a little slack in them; plus since they are on the belt there shouldn't be that much movement.... right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by krismusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On a belt there will be a lot of movement.
popcorn.gif

There is of course some movement and some strain on the optical cable and plugs. However I think there is less strain on the sockets than when the two pieces are piggybacked together and the cable is bent in a U-shape (which seems to be quite common with D10/h1x0 owners). And the adapters and especially the cable feel strong enough to take the force. And the cable is jut bent, not twisted at all, so I believe everything should last.

This was intendet as temporary set up, but I got used to it and like it. I'm still looking for a pouch with a belt clip that takes both items. Might get one custom made one day.

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #4,289 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElEsido /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is of course some movement and some strain on the optical cable and plugs. However I think there is less strain on the sockets than when the two pieces are piggybacked together and the cable is bent in a U-shape (which seems to be quite common with D10/h1x0 owners). And the adapters and especially the cable feel strong enough to take the force. And the cable is jut bent, not twisted at all, so I believe everything should last.

This was intendet as temporary set up, but I got used to it and like it. I'm still looking for a pouch with a belt clip that takes both items. Might get one custom made one day.

Only trying to point out something that may save you some grief.
beerchug.gif
If it works out then that is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back