Pictures of Your Portable Rig Part VII
Mar 13, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #526 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMasten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While my attempt at a nice DOC cable was good and it worked well I contacted Turbo and ordered a new TURBO DIABOLOUS V7 , one sweet cable, too early to tell if I will notice a difference, but I bought it to make sure the connection between my new IPOD and my Hornet was solid.
Turbo2.jpg

I never thought I would say this, but for its quality I consider $50.00 to my door, pretty reasonable.

Custom made to my specs in a week from FL to CA. ... not bad at all, Thanks Turbo!
Turbo1.jpg

If you do not mind send me the specs via PM. I want to have Turbo make me one like it. Thanks.

Mar 13, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #527 of 1,013
Ok just one more, I have been really enjoying this new interconnect. I am not going to say OMG it sounds so much better than my hand built cable and in all fairness I have not had enough time to compare it to my cable, Im sure if there is any noticeable difference to my ears, its very subtle, but I can tell you Turbo builds cables as well as anyone. The three wires inside, the connectors and materials are very high quality and I really like the way the mesh flattens out and springs back when I store it. I know, its just a cable, but I do get the sense that he put a lot of thought into this V7 product.

I reasoned, I had almost a grand into a portable rig, why take a chance on my effort shorting it out etc. Im very pleased with the end result, its a perfect fit for what I asked for, Highly recommended.

Mar 13, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #529 of 1,013
Quote:

is that the box that came with the limited editon UE triple 10?? or did you just purchased seprately??

That would be my question as well. The case was shown ages ago and UE promised me that they would made them available soon (that was in September or August 06). But nothing so far
confused.gif

Mar 13, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #531 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by *645-k701 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
attachment.php

How would you compare these to your other cables nori?

im looking to pair that ALO custom what you have, with my Nano/TH.

It listend with Tomahawk+iPod nano+HD25-1(Bluedragon) and it compared it.
icon10.gif

My cables:
AudioLineOut:The Bling Bling Dock,The Silk Dock,
Custom Line Out Dock cable I (6x Cryo 22gage + 3x Silver 22gage)
Custom Line Out Dock cable II (2x Cryo 20 gage + 2x Silver 22gage)
MOON AUDIO:BlackDragon(mini to Dock)

Treble:
Custom LODI>Custom LODII>The Silk Dock>The Bling Bling Dock>BlackDragon

Midrange:
Custom LODI=Custom LODII>>BlackDragon>The Silk Dock>The Bling Bling Dock

Bass:
BlackDragon>>Custom LODII>Custom LODI>The Silk Dock=The Bling Bling Dock

Neutrality:
Custom LODII>Custom LODI>>BlackDragon>The Silk Dock>The Bling Bling Dock

Transparency:
Custom LODI=Custom LODII=The Silk Dock>>The Bling Bling Dock>BlackDragon

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mar 13, 2007 at 12:41 PM Post #532 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genocide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is that the box that came with the limited editon UE triple 10?? or did you just purchased seprately??

Yes, its the case that came with the limited edition triple.fis. I did, however, fabricate a new foam insert to accomodate my rig. More info on that here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=227987

Mar 13, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #534 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be my question as well. The case was shown ages ago and UE promised me that they would made them available soon (that was in September or August 06). But nothing so far
confused.gif

I bought a UE travel case separately back in October 06' (so I got it even before the triple.fi's started shipping). Its not available on the website, but you can special order it.

Mar 13, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #535 of 1,013
Now that my rig is at least halfway decent.

CRW_1538.JPG

On the floor:
- Palm Tungsten T3 with Pocket Tunes 4 reading from SD cards, mostly ogg -q6 and lame standard (additional SD card and wifi card in the aluminium case, external battery pack for 12 hours of audio playback)
- stock Xtra X-1 interconnect
- Xtra X-1
- Sony MDR-CD1700 (and alternatively, not pictured here, Shure E2cs for silent crowded places (CD1700 is only semi-closed, it leaks) and too noisy places (IEM isolation rocks!))

Now I need to find a good compact case for all this..

Mar 14, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #536 of 1,013
Jlai wrote
Quote:

I bought a UE travel case separately back in October 06' (so I got it even before the triple.fi's started shipping). Its not available on the website, but you can special order it.

Thanks for the info. They told me that the case would be available on the website I just should check back regularily.
...It is so difficult getting good personal these days...

Mar 14, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #537 of 1,013
at last I could bring them together

Ipod Nano 2GB, 1st GEN. Black
ALO Vampire Dock
Little Dot Micro+ Silver Low Gain
Sony MDR-EX71SL

Tied with velcro strap, Got the Ipod today, didn't have time to shop for an ipod case, for today, I reversed the protective cover, opened the bottom with a utility knife, tied to my amp. Tomorrow I'll look for a good case.

Only issue so far is, normally EX71s sound well and i like the isolation but when I listen through the amp, lack of bass and very very high treble.. I may go for a better set of earbuds, in-ear preffered.. what do you recommend?

Here's the picture of my new rig;
orphsmile.gif

dsc00008edqf6.jpg

Mar 14, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #538 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My original Hornet had a silver knob. After sending it for M modding, it came back with a gold knob. My guess is the newer Hornets have gold knobs instead.

How much did it cost and how long did it take? From Scotland (I presume) to?

Mar 15, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #539 of 1,013
Actual mods were free, but Ray charged 25USD for shipping. All in all, I think it took at least two and a half weeks. No import duty/VAT because I marked package as "Back to manufacturer for repairs". Make sure you tell Ray to mark the package as "Return to customer: warranty repair" or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back