Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part IX]
Jan 31, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #992 of 1,051
These Rigs Shure look as great as they must sound!

But are they realy portable?
Do you guys use them on the street, or in the subway?
I mean, do you realy find the need to use top notch headphones with dedicated amps trough lineout. when distracted by the simple act of walking or finding direction, are you that concentrated on the music to require all that?

I personaly use only a rockboxed ipod with some shure e3c through the headphone out, and find it more than enough!

just curios!
Greets!

Jan 31, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #993 of 1,051
I carry mine with me, either in my pocket or in my bag
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #994 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice rig deliverinsanity...and a great shot.

Thanks, I'm loving it
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by skaos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These Rigs Shure look as great as they must sound!

But are they realy portable?
Do you guys use them on the street, or in the subway?
I mean, do you realy find the need to use top notch headphones with dedicated amps trough lineout. when distracted by the simple act of walking or finding direction, are you that concentrated on the music to require all that?

I personaly use only a rockboxed ipod with some shure e3c through the headphone out, and find it more than enough!

just curios!
Greets!

Well, portability is a relative question, but, as for me... as long as you can put it in your pocket and walk away, it's portable.
And funny thing I noticed the other day: sometimes when I'm walking down the street, I get so concentrated on the music, I am actually no longer aware of the surroundings...
Let's just hope I won't die listening to the music. But hey, maybe I really do want to die listening to my favourite music, you never know
tongue.gif

Jan 31, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #995 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by deliverinsanity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, portability is a relative question, but, as for me... as long as you can put it in your pocket and walk away, it's portable.
And funny thing I noticed the other day: sometimes when I'm walking down the street, I get so concentrated on the music, I am actually no longer aware of the surroundings...
Let's just hope I won't die listening to the music. But hey, maybe I really do want to die listening to my favourite music, you never know
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
i guess everyone here has already found them self in near-death encounters with veychles due to head-fi!
But my point on this question is if you guy's find it necessary to use al that equipment while on the go!
Ceartnly it's not healthy!
biggrin.gif
but then again what is!

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #997 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is one of my portable "rigs" (I feel a bit geeky saying rig lol)

Oh heck, that's hawt!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #998 of 1,051
Dazzer: Have you tried the P to S cable with the SE530s, and, if so, how do you think it affects the sound? Thanks <_<.

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #999 of 1,051
100_0728.jpg

100_0730.jpg

Man, I really need to get a new interconnect.

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #1,000 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dazzer: Have you tried the P to S cable with the SE530s, and, if so, how do you think it affects the sound? Thanks <_<.

Oh, no I haven't, did'nt even think of doing but I will give it a go and report back when I have a bit of time.

Feb 1, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #1,002 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by bestnaru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sony A808 => Audio Technica ES7
Nice sound but I still prefer Ultrasone iCans pairing with Sony

Amp the ES7 and it just becomes another beast - much tigher and cleaner finish. Without it - it s just an untamed beast - no control.

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #1,003 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by deliverinsanity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Predator is finally here, and it's a bit smaller than I thought it would be
biggrin.gif

14a47562.jpg

My rig is complete for the time being, all I need is some burn-in time on that little bad-ass amp to be truly happy.

Sweet!
biggrin.gif

Not much more to say...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back