Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Dec 2, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #2,058 of 3,551

Quote:
This is my setup ... in my home...

I hope you like it...

Simply beautiful. What turntable is that?

Dec 4, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #2,063 of 3,551

Quote:

I am confused, why would you place a pair of $18,000 speakers in a corner? I love the color of your walls, by the way.

Some people like small spaces? I would have done the exact same thing...

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #2,066 of 3,551
Who cares about soundstage? That doesn't look good for anything... No offense. I'm having problems with much smaller speakers in a much bigger space. Standing waves foremost, but other stuff too. A tricky resonance inducing frequency or a proper standing wave makes it difficult to have tuneful bass-response. I'm actually thinking of downgrading from my linn akurate 212's due to my difficult room characteristics 
frown.gif

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #2,067 of 3,551

Quote:
Who cares about soundstage?

One of the biggest reasons for buying speakers over headphones is the soundstage.  If you don't have soundstage with your speakers, you've got a problem.

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #2,068 of 3,551
Nah, to me it's not soundstage. Speakers can have a cramped presentation and much worse separation compared to a headphone... I don't really listen to soundstage, or I just don't know what it is. It doesn't really have anything to do with musical integrity, I think... 

Dec 6, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #2,069 of 3,551

Quote:
Nah, to me it's not soundstage. Speakers can have a cramped presentation and much worse separation compared to a headphone... I don't really listen to soundstage, or I just don't know what it is. It doesn't really have anything to do with musical integrity, I think... 

That depends entirely on your choice of music.  If you're listening to classical music, or something with a lot of percussion instruments, soundstage is vital to bringing an engaging presentation.  Although speakers are more difficult to perfect in terms of acoustic treatments and positioning, I find that speakers perform far better than their headphone analogues.

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #2,070 of 3,551
Well.. is just because f the picture... I do move them when I listen.. Plus the place is acoustically tuned.

Is an accu A65... C 2810 with phone card... turntable transrotor oreo 25/25/50... smd... sme v... ortofono mc a 90..

Thanks... it actually sound amazing... and... yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back