Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply)
Aug 19, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #197 of 1,052
Quote:

Awesome photo Peter. Totally irrelevant questions but what made you choose black over silver with all your other gear being silver? 
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #198 of 1,052
Quote:

Awesome photo Peter. Totally irrelevant questions but what made you choose black over silver with all your other gear being silver? 
biggrin.gif

Thanks! It matches my black W4S DAC-2 just to the right of the photo. 2 black and 2 silver. That and I got the GS-X MKII used in a local deal. 
size]

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #200 of 1,052
Quote:

Ah, same situation then. Beggars can't be choosers! Black would have been preferred, but silver is nice too.

I was more the other way preferring silver. But I really like the glossy black look of the GS-X MKII. That and the silver on the W4S DAC looks off to me.

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #201 of 1,052
WOW. Holy Schiit is right... 
I thought the green stuff was like idk a picture of a live rock show. So cool and kinda eerie.

Question: How do you find out about these speakers? 
Headphones are pretty easy I guess since the industry isn't that old and I guess I've been on head-fi for a while.
I tried to just learn some of the different brands but there are so many..... 

Anyways, Congratulations on your amazingly beautiful speakers! 
Might wanna widen that alcove (? idk you're the architect 
size]
)
Quote:

it's not every day that a truck brings two large crates to your house...
but today, 560 pounds of goodness somehow made it into my house, up my stairs, and into my listening room...

the natural cherry finish goes nicely with the décor.  the wife approval factor? ...well, they are gi-normous.

spooky green LED lets you glimpse the crossover mechanism...

not overly enamoured with the "titanium encrusted midrange driver."  it has a rough appearance than makes it look like it needs dusting.  LOL
strange that the accordion folded gasket is not rubber, but a piece of cloth that allows some of the green LED light to show through.
weird...

the most flattering angle for the Aeris is this one.  I love the side detail.
the straight-on view of the front is of a massive speaker.  it softens considerably when viewed off-axis...

first impressions?
I still have a long way to go with the listening room.
and with settings, positioning, and the like.

but, it works.  all drivers are moving.  and no dents or dings spotted.
so there you go.

thanks for letting me gush about my new babies...

cheers,
The Wuss

Wow. Alot skinnier than I realized. 
I would enjoy seeing a picture of you're whole set-up 
size]

Quote:

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #202 of 1,052
Quote:

Wow. Alot skinnier than I realized. 
I would enjoy seeing a picture of you're whole set-up 
size]

Ask and ye shall receive:

Headphones are in my signature. The iMac is the latest 2012 version. 
size]

Aug 20, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #203 of 1,052
Those Aeris are awesome. I have the Focus SE and been down to Legacy to audition the Aeris with Bill. There is a review in the September "The Absolute Sound" by Anthony Cordsman who has reviewed other Legacy speakers and he seems amazed by them. There is also a review with Bill.

Aug 24, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #205 of 1,052
Good form  =D
When did you pick up them?

Aug 24, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #206 of 1,052
Picked them up from Addicted to Audio, with a price tag inline with Price Japan, excellent company to deal with.
Your BHSE is making them sing so nicely... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back