Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply)
Jul 28, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #182 of 1,054
Yep, Parasound Halo A21.

Jul 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #184 of 1,054
Quote:
Looks like you have an excellent system on your hands! And that's some very smooth response, even before correction.

Any other comments on the sound?

I haven't owned alot of speakers in the past and have only heard other audiophile set ups in stores or audioshows, so its really hard to say how much of this is hyperbole.  That being said...

In short the system sounds spectacular.  The strengths lie in its dynamics, speed, sound stage, and detail.  With 400 watts per channel (60 amps/channel peak), the Maggie's sound exceptionally quick, akin to a HD800.  Dynamics are also very impressive w/ the amp and especially so now that I added the SVS SB13.  On my desk the Maggies had an exceptional soundstage, but w/ 3 feet behind them and properly placed acoustic panels the soundstage really expands into a three-dimensional projection.  With regard to detail, they sound like 3.7s.  The system's main weakness is its practicality.  The Maggies are so finicky w/ regard to upstream components, room acoustics, positioning, and sub woofers that I nearly broke the bank making them sing.  It also didn't help that I insisted the set up be fully balanced XLR.  Although when ignoring all this and setting the system up in terrible conditions w/ crappy coomponents, the Maggies were still very impressive.  The only other weakness I think would be the narrow sweet spot.  Nonetheless, I think I have squeezed as much as I can out of these awesome Mini's.

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #186 of 1,054
Quote:
wow.. that is one heck of a "desktop" speaker set up.

have you ABed with the dspeaker? Did you use a mic to set up?
haha and i love the double sub.

Yea I have been messing around w/ the DSPeaker quite a bit.  I used the mic that came w/ it. It is quite user freindly, even for the advanced settings.  The room calibration smooths out the frequency response pretty well and eliminates boominess with my subwoofer.  My W4SDAC2 sounds better w/ the LCD3, but I prefer the DSPeaker dual core w/ my Maggies by a fair margin.  

Its not really a double sub as the DWM is a woofer.  It puts out alot of lower midrange frequencies and has a decent amount of roll off below 80 Hz.  I really think this is just a placement issue as I cannot get more than 2 feet of air around it.  Its actually pretty beneficial if you live in an apartment as the DWM won't put out enough low frequency to annoy neighbors.  On the down side if you really want something for <80 hz, you need a subwoofer that can keep up w/ the speed of Maggies.

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #191 of 1,054
Quote:
Shamelessly took a couple more...

Its a beautiful amp and some Schiit 
tongue_smile.gif

But that amp is stuff I daydream about.  

Aug 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #194 of 1,054

it's not every day that a truck brings two large crates to your house...
but today, 560 pounds of goodness somehow made it into my house, up my stairs, and into my listening room...

the natural cherry finish goes nicely with the décor.  the wife approval factor? ...well, they are gi-normous.

spooky green LED lets you glimpse the crossover mechanism...

not overly enamoured with the "titanium encrusted midrange driver."  it has a rough appearance than makes it look like it needs dusting.  LOL
strange that the accordion folded gasket is not rubber, but a piece of cloth that allows some of the green LED light to show through.
weird...

the most flattering angle for the Aeris is this one.  I love the side detail.
the straight-on view of the front is of a massive speaker.  it softens considerably when viewed off-axis...

first impressions?
I still have a long way to go with the listening room.
and with settings, positioning, and the like.

but, it works.  all drivers are moving.  and no dents or dings spotted.
so there you go.

thanks for letting me gush about my new babies...

cheers,
The Wuss

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #195 of 1,054
Quote:

it's not every day that a truck brings two large crates to your house...
but today, 560 pounds of goodness somehow made it into my house, up my stairs, and into my listening room...

the natural cherry finish goes nicely with the décor.  the wife approval factor? ...well, they are gi-normous.

spooky green LED lets you glimpse the crossover mechanism...

not overly enamoured with the "titanium encrusted midrange driver."  it has a rough appearance than makes it look like it needs dusting.  LOL
strange that the accordion folded gasket is not rubber, but a piece of cloth that allows some of the green LED light to show through.
weird...

the most flattering angle for the Aeris is this one.  I love the side detail.
the straight-on view of the front is of a massive speaker.  it softens considerably when viewed off-axis...

first impressions?
I still have a long way to go with the listening room.
and with settings, positioning, and the like.

but, it works.  all drivers are moving.  and no dents or dings spotted.
so there you go.

thanks for letting me gush about my new babies...

cheers,
The Wuss

Oh schitt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back