Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 4, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #6,661 of 10,933
Not great, hence all the fans. The size of the NH-D14 prevents mounting of one of the side intake fans, so really the only intake is the angled 120mm below the GPU. CPU temps are just shy of 60'C during load (i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz, 1.300v). GPU gets pretty hot since the stack orientation actually works against the heatpipes, so while in a normal case it'd stay below 70'C in this one it pretty easily climbs to 80'C.

Not the best, but the size footprint can't really be beat.

You did a good job for such a small space. Can't wait to see how you squeeze 7990's in there. I went for a huge case in order to keep temps and noise low. Gotta love the triple slot coolers, while gaming I'm running around 60° and 55°. Of course I'm taking up 3x the space to do so.

Mar 4, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #6,662 of 10,933

Quote:
You did a good job for such a small space. Can't wait to see how you squeeze 7990's in there. I went for a huge case in order to keep temps and noise low. Gotta love the triple slot coolers, while gaming I'm running around 60° and 55°. Of course I'm taking up 3x the space to do so.

That is one sexy build ya got there !
nice and clean :)

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #6,663 of 10,933

Quote:
The ones I have, barely work, and are a pain.
-My monitor started having blue line problems -> called asus, and they didn't help me 1 bit.
-My sound card had drivers problems before (not this time only) and the software is dismal
-My mum had laptop problems not only 1ce but 2x - she also had the HDD on the laptop fail on hr, meaning she lost all her work.

I've had it with rubbish, no customer service companies like asus.
Next time this comes up - i won't bother.
I'll send it back for a full refund, and more so, if they don't accept it, call the relevant government or lawyer to go all the way and sue them for the pain and time they cost me.

(this is why the law, has fascinated me since i was a kid, if i know I'm right, and have done nothing wrong, then who ever feels my wrath will feel the full force of it, type thing.)

Geez, they must have some wacky customer support people over there in the UK, US support from Asus has always been pretty wonderful for me on the few occasions I've actually needed it. A million times better than Dell support (though that's not hard). I'm not sure about the monitor, but I've yet to have a soundcard WITHOUT horrible driver and software problems. As to the hard drive on the laptop failing, that's actually completely not their problem at all. As an independent computer tech who's made countless house calls I have to warn you... it's never a question of if your hard drive is going to fail, it's a question of when. That's what makes backups so important, and why I'm such a sucker for SSDs. Absolutely no way in hell I'd see you winning a case against the company over a failed hard drive, no matter how rampantly insulting the CS folks were to you. At risk of sounding like a corporate shill/fanboy, I can count on one hand the number of Asus laptops that have come into my shop for repairs over the past few years.

Now DELL customer support on the other hand... don't even get me started.

Mar 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #6,664 of 10,933

Quote:
Geez, they must have some wacky customer support people over there in the UK, US support from Asus has always been pretty wonderful for me on the few occasions I've actually needed it. A million times better than Dell support (though that's not hard). I'm not sure about the monitor, but I've yet to have a soundcard WITHOUT horrible driver and software problems. As to the hard drive on the laptop failing, that's actually completely not their problem at all. As an independent computer tech who's made countless house calls I have to warn you... it's never a question of if your hard drive is going to fail, it's a question of when. That's what makes backups so important, and why I'm such a sucker for SSDs. Absolutely no way in hell I'd see you winning a case against the company over a failed hard drive, no matter how rampantly insulting the CS folks were to you. At risk of sounding like a corporate shill/fanboy, I can count on one hand the number of Asus laptops that have come into my shop for repairs over the past few years.

Now DELL customer support on the other hand... don't even get me started.

nop it wasn't a case about the HDD's woudl have been a  case for my motherboard.

As I said, they won something:
Me never buying a  single product of their "beep beep" ass ever again.
I guess they won't be hearing from me any more + i'll NEVER suggest getting an asus ever again.

Mar 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #6,666 of 10,933

Quote:

Are those cpu water coolers worth the money? I have heard good things and was really contemplating an H60
Post your build specs too, because either you don't have jack squat in there or the case has unbelievable cable management.

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #6,671 of 10,933
I'm hoping the latter.
 Are those cpu water coolers worth the money? I have heard good things and was really contemplating an H60
Post your build specs too, because either you don't have jack squat in there or the case has unbelievable cable management.

Don't get the H50, just get the H60 or H80, since they are the newer revisions for the H50, well the H60 is. But it keeps my i5 2500k cool. I'm changing it soon to a XSPC Rasa 240 watercooling kit soon, only $13X from frozencpu.

Specs:
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8ghz
Gigabyte 2GB R6950 tri-cooler
Corsair 8gb ddr3 1866
Corsair tx650 power supply
Corsair H50 cpu cooler
Lian-Li PC-K62 dragonlord Case
Samsung F3 1TB

I'm replacing my case soon to a corsair 600t white, and I'm also getting a 7970 soon.

Mar 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #6,672 of 10,933

Quote:
Don't get the H50, just get the H60 or H80, since they are the newer revisions for the H50, well the H60 is. But it keeps my i5 2500k cool. I'm changing it soon to a XSPC Rasa 240 watercooling kit soon, only $13X from frozencpu.
Specs:
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8ghz
Gigabyte 2GB R6950 tri-cooler
Corsair 8gb ddr3 1866
Corsair tx650 power supply
Corsair H50 cpu cooler
Lian-Li PC-K62 dragonlord Case
Samsung F3 1TB
I'm replacing my case soon to a corsair 600t white, and I'm also getting a 7970 soon.

I have an i7 2600k running stock with the stock cooler, but I don't think it is working very well. The 600t looks really nice

Mar 5, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #6,674 of 10,933

Quote:
I'm quite literally on the verge of ripping my Asus P5K motherboard, putting alongside my Asus PW201, and smashing them up.
I hate ASUS with a passion now.
I can't wait for a new PC with a new screen to be asus proof.

I've seen other Asus P5x boards acting up. What's happening with yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back