Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 25, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #1,621 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by krosenqu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@tmars
Nice. I need to find some speaker stands for my AV-40's. Those baskets actually work quite nicely
smily_headphones1.gif

Are there any table top stands that raise ~6-8" that wont totally break the bank (<$50 a pair). There is a MAJOR difference when elevating these monitors to ear level.
I'm using two empty USPS priority mail boxes right now
biggrin.gif

@doctorcilantro
Thanks for getting back to me
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, I found those baskets at Walmart. Only $2 for the pair, and I did have AV-40's on them at one time. I plan on spray painting them black to make them match a little more but we've been having the worst weather as of late. Krose, I noticed in your other post you keep your tower on the floor, I use one of these Amazon.com: Syba SY-ACC65010 CPU Stand for ATX Plastic Case, Adjustable Width (Black): Office Products and the wheels lock, it makes it much easier to just roll my tower out if I need to get behind it.

Feb 25, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #1,622 of 10,933
I usually have a 26" monitor, but it's in for repair (backlight inverter failure).

deskcurrent.jpg

Just soundsticks for audio, and an EF2 for my headphones (which are usually used 99% of the time). 1945 tubes in it too..

behind the Stax canister are vacuum tube boxes, all sorts.

Computer specs: Mac Pro Early 2008, 8x core 2.8GHz, 32GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4870..

Feb 25, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #1,623 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by wudai_e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WoW impressive, did you diy those traps or have you bought them? They look like traps from Realtraps.com...

And what speaker are those? with passive/active xovers?
beerchug.gif

They are the Klein + Hummel O300D's.

The acoustic treatment is all DIY. Glassfiber panels matching Owens Corning 703 specs., with burlap as covers, held together by wooden frames. The wall/ceiling trap are superchunks, not panels at an angle.

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #1,624 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmd8x28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I usually have a 26" monitor, but it's in for repair (backlight inverter failure).

Just soundsticks for audio, and an EF2 for my headphones (which are usually used 99% of the time). 1945 tubes in it too..

behind the Stax canister are vacuum tube boxes, all sorts.

An asthmatic dentist with a minor vision impairment who has a passion for audio and photography? And possibly even an infant child. Or a stress issue.

How close was I?

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #1,625 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by theCanadian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An asthmatic dentist with a minor vision impairment who has a passion for audio and photography? And possibly even an infant child. Or a stress issue.

How close was I?

Frighteningly half close.

Dental mirror isn't a dental mirror, it's a small mirror I use when trying to plug ports into the back of my computer on the floor, without pulling it forward and yanking cords, so I can see the back ports.

I do audio, photography, and videography. No children (i hope not!!), but I have asthma.

As for vision, minor stigmatism, I should use my glasses, cause i get headaches without them, but the lens are too scratched.

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #1,626 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by tmars78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Krose, I noticed in your other post you keep your tower on the floor, I use one of these Amazon.com: Syba SY-ACC65010 CPU Stand for ATX Plastic Case, Adjustable Width (Black): Office Products and the wheels lock, it makes it much easier to just roll my tower out if I need to get behind it.

That would be a great solution for carpet.

The problem with that (for me) is:
1. Hard plastic casters tend to slide around and mark wood floors (I had to buy rubber coated casters for my office chair).
2. The side grips block access to the side of the case.
3. I dont care for the styling.

The felt stick-on feet I bought solve all of the above
smily_headphones1.gif

When I need to pull it out, I just... pull it out.
ph34r.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #1,631 of 10,933
Quote:

Screen%20shot%202010-02-24%20at%2010.28.11%20PM.png

mmd8x28, Is that the H/K USB-input only subwoofer for earlier Macs?

How did you get it to work with your Mac Pro?

And I take it you like your EF2?

Feb 25, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #1,632 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would be very interested in seeing that.
smily_headphones1.gif
People like you are what makes Head-fi such a pleasure to be a part of.
biggrin.gif

OK, I uploaded a whole new page on the design plans and construction photos, explaining the entire process and my reasoning for specific choices I made:
Cloud Pagoda - Construction

Feb 25, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #1,633 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunatique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I uploaded a whole new page on the design plans and construction photos, explaining the entire process and my reasoning for specific choices I made:
Cloud Pagoda - Construction

Wow. It's way more than I expected. I'm pleasantly surprised.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #1,635 of 10,933
Quote:

It is the analog input soundsticks.. No USB on it.. So it's just a minijack connector..

i love the EF2.

Yea I should have seen the Soundsticks. HK made a special soundcard for a series or three of iMacs/eMacs, they're the only machines that will "drive" their identical-looking USB-only subwoofers.

Glad to hear it about the EF2, I keep recommending it as a top value!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back