Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Aug 3, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #9,751 of 10,933
My "computer room" / hobby room, sorry the desk is a bit full and crowded!

The main unit is a Elac Microsub 2010.2 :

http://www.elac.com/en/products/Subwoofer/MicroSUB_2010_2/

The satellites are a couple of Mirage Omnisat Micro v1 :

http://hometheaterreview.com/mirage-omnisat-micro-loudspeakers-reviewed/

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/418FKTFPE9L.jpg

The Elac sub with amplifier and DAC/pre-amp (and remote controller) was purchased new.
You barely see it behind the screen, can be adjusted in all ways to fit it with the room and placement!
The Mirage satellites I picked up used ( and with a small damage in the back/stands connector area ) and was less than USD 40 for both! in a HiFi shop here in Norway.
Crystal clear sound, bass is absolutely present, but not boomy or overwhelming!
The Mirage's present the sound and scene absolutely great, details and presence sound like much bigger speakers are there.
I was really satisfied with this, also with the small space the speakers needed to be set up!
Some headphones hangs around, Grado's and Senn HE60.

It would improve the look of the setup if you cleaned everything up and made it nice and neat!

Aug 3, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #9,752 of 10,933
redface.gif

Aug 4, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #9,753 of 10,933

Sorry about the pic quality. 
I don't have an elaborate setup but it works for me.
Emotiva DC-1 and Airmotiv 5's, Sennheiser 570's.
The sub is a Triska sub I built from the Parts Express project showcase. It has an 8" driver and 2 8" passive radiators.
My closet contains Sennheiser Momentums both on and off ear and some old Bose QC3's for airline travel.
Thinking about buying the Senn 598's since they are down to 150.00 atm.

Aug 4, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #9,756 of 10,933
  Hello....how those sound? I´ve read they are warm and a little dark....just what I would llike in a pair of cans.

Check out my review of them here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/audioquest-nighthawk-headphones/reviews/13684

Aug 4, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #9,758 of 10,933
Well atm I just use it as a push to talk button for Teamspeak and in games. I am trying to get used to it enough to use it in games as well.

Thanks for the compliment on the desk.

That's a smart way to use it. I have issues with using my mouse's side button for push-to-talk somethings, screws up twitch reactions.

Aug 4, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #9,759 of 10,933
Well atm I just use it as a push to talk button for Teamspeak and in games. I am trying to get used to it enough to use it in games as well.

Thanks for the compliment on the desk.

That's a smart way to use it. I have issues with using my mouse's side button for push-to-talk somethings, screws up twitch reactions.

Being as I am an aggressive player, I have only few seconds to dish out my info and then I am already off into the enemies, trowing around 360 to avoid fire, while shooting them with my sniper Rifle. :D Don't always work, but never the less great Distraction.

But Yeah If I am giving information and run into an enemy sooner than expected I just keep it pressed as I go ARGH! :D Cause no time really.

Good option is voice enabled, if you have a half decent mic. I prefer skype to be fair, up to 5-ish people, nothing beats it.

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #9,760 of 10,933

Good option is voice enabled, if you have a half decent mic.

I can't do voice enabled as I usually have the sound playing out of my speakers.
I use a ModMic which attaches to a pair of glasses I bought just for that purpose.

Everyone in the TS channel always say they can barely hear the game at all when I am talking. And i usually have the volume pretty loud! You gotta hear those footsteps!

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #9,762 of 10,933
My New CD player SA8005 on top of my not so old AMP PM8005...You know when people tell you that something sound like wow good and you don't believe them...Untill you get your hands on it and you go WOW. Cause Really SA8005 Is Amazing!

Aug 12, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #9,763 of 10,933
  My New CD player SA8005 on top of my not so old AMP PM8005...You know when people tell you that something sound like wow good and you don't believe them...Untill you get your hands on it and you go WOW. Cause Really SA8005 Is Amazing!

Yeah, I've heard good things about Marantz.  Looks good too!

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #9,764 of 10,933
Awesome,
I have the SR5009 with a 7.1 out of 7.2 setup right now, which of those 2 that you have would be better to get first?

Aug 13, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #9,765 of 10,933
Awesome,
I have the SR5009 with a 7.1 out of 7.2 setup right now, which of those 2 that you have would be better to get first?

Not quite sure what you are trying to do since both of the 8005's are purely stereo devices. If you do need one of those, Get the one you need :D AMP or the CD player. I got the amp first so I can power my speakers. Passed the signal from my PC trough my Essence one to my AMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back