Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jul 2, 2011 at 4:43 AM Post #4,594 of 10,933
Jul 2, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #4,595 of 10,933
With the 2 oldest children off at college and an internship for the summer, the youngest child gets his choice of rooms.  This frees up what has been called “The Music Room”.  Just basic IKEA furniture.  With the wireless mouse and keyboard I can view the monitor from the futon and reach over and adjust the volume through the headphone amp on the left.  When not in use, the headphones stay in the upper drawer.

Jul 3, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #4,599 of 10,933
I just moved so sorry for the cable mess:

The macbook is for play, it is currently streaming music to the Audioengine A2 speakers (through the nuforce dac) from another computer not pictured that is a music / photo server. The dell is my work computer. The central monitor is used by both laptops, but right now is sharing the dell display as, unfortunately, I am working today (July 3rd, Sunday). Also pictured is my HD598 headphones and moleskine notebook. Future upgrades include the Rain Design mstand for the macbook (on the mail), a bigger central monitor (attached to the wall) and a pair of Audioengine A4 speakers with an amp. A better dac and headphone amp will also follow (waiting for Shiit right now).

Jul 4, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #4,600 of 10,933
Takes one to know one.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
You have very good taste in speakers. I'm myself a big Dynaudio fan too :wink:

Jul 4, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #4,602 of 10,933
Not my main rig but some very kind person gave me an iMac G4 so I cleaned it up inside and out put a 400GB hard drive in it and 1GB of ram installed Leopard. It looks brand new so i thought I would pair it up with my Project USB Box and Headbox and 701's for a laugh and it works well. It is used as a music & video jukebox.

Jul 4, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #4,604 of 10,933

Quote:
Not my main rig but some very kind person gave me an iMac G4 so I cleaned it up inside and out put a 400GB hard drive in it and 1GB of ram installed Leopard. It looks brand new so i thought I would pair it up with my Project USB Box and Headbox and 701's for a laugh and it works well. It is used as a music & video jukebox.

Awesome and unique machine, that. I used to have one but gave it to a friend. It is one of just a few models to have the Harmon/Kardon soundcard in it, and if you have access to the little ball speakers that came with it they sound pretty good out of their special audio jack. Even better if you can find the iSub USB subwoofer, which only works with these particular machines:

http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-ISUB2000-isub-Subwoofer/dp/B0000513SA

Also I love the matching white K701, I have the eMac with the same soundcard and the iSub, also a clear plastic Indeed G2 amp velcro'd to the top that kind of matches with a DAC cable, will post a pic when it's all set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back