Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Nov 8, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #1,936 of 3,060

I am not going to split hairs. That second part was added because of the people posting expensive gear they obtained for a steal and part 1a was created.

If you really want to split hairs our brother @Onix can't purchase 95% of the product's in this thread and keep it within budget because of his location so that would make everything here invalid...

The Kogan is unfortunately Aussie Only at the moment, but that might change down the road.

Not only our friend @Onix is from Mexico, me too! 
beerchug.gif

And thats true, it is pretty difficult to get some gear here 

I Hope someday Kogan acquire International Shipping 

Nov 8, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #1,937 of 3,060

Not only our friend @Onix is from Mexico, me too! 
beerchug.gif

And thats true, it is pretty difficult to get some gear here 

I Hope someday Kogan acquire International Shipping 

Aaarrgh! There can be only one!!! No, en serio. Muchos saludos y ojalá podamos platicar algún día. Bienvenido.

Nov 14, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #1,939 of 3,060

Could be a bit more detailed but overall a very likeable sound

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #1,942 of 3,060
That my friend is the Meelectronics M9 classic iem. One of the piston/kz killers out there I'm sure (well ok, assuming, as I haven't heard any pistons or kz yet! hehe. But they hold their own against monoprice iem and penon iem and cost about $10). Back when I first became interested in headfi (late 2009?) the original m9 and their big bro iem m6 were all the rage! This is a redesign that sounds even better and has a smaller more comfy housing! I've been meaning to type up a review of them... The tips are auvio from radioshack, an excellent match for these iems! (I stole the stock bi-flange for my havis, and those are now my fav tips for them hehe)
Edit: here is a (non affiliate!) link for more info LINK

Nov 15, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #1,943 of 3,060
What's your impression about its sound signature? I'd read that m6 s were a pile of muddy bass. Nevertheless price is attractive.
  That my friend is the Meelectronics M9 classic iem. One of the piston/kz killers out there I'm sure (well ok, assuming, as I haven't heard any pistons or kz yet! hehe. But they hold their own against monoprice iem and penon iem and cost about $10). Back when I first became interested in headfi (late 2009?) the original m9 and their big bro iem m6 were all the rage! This is a redesign that sounds even better and has a smaller more comfy housing! I've been meaning to type up a review of them... The tips are auvio from radioshack, an excellent match for these iems! (I stole the stock bi-flange for my havis, and those are now my fav tips for them hehe)

Nov 16, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #1,944 of 3,060
The m6 don't sound muddy to me. In fact I still haven't found a better pair of iems for hard hitting electronic music. The bass extends deep, has a nice rumble and decay. The mids and highs kind of leave something to be desired though...

The m9 are quite different. I would still consider them bass heavy, but not bass head like m6. The mids and highs are much more present, and they have a lovely airy sound that makes them a joy to listen to! Very comfortable too. I really like them for grab and go when I just need to listen to tunes but might be working/do something and not critically listening.

Nov 16, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #1,945 of 3,060

I actually am working on a review, after being given the opportunity to from MEElectronics. 

Nov 16, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #1,946 of 3,060
The M9 are pretty awesome for such cheap IEMs. Do try out the tape mod, it improves the sound a lot. 

Nov 16, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #1,949 of 3,060
  I actually am working on a review, after being given the opportunity to from MEElectronics. 

I'll look forward to it! I'm impressed with these 'lil guys, hope you are too!

The M9 are pretty awesome for such cheap IEMs. Do try out the tape mod, it improves the sound a lot. 

Yes! I will try it thanks!

Pure matte black!

What are those iems?

Thanks for the info. Too many posts w/o pics.

Here's my daily rig  Clip+ -> ZA carbo doppios

Looking good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back