Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Apr 25, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #151 of 3,060
Quote:
such as hearing nothing of your music while beeing on the train? or do you mean that it is bettter looking, when wearing a headphone as big as elephant shoes?
wink_face.gif

The fact you don't have to take them off or cut the music just to talk to someone
wink.gif

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #152 of 3,060
Quote:
such as hearing nothing of your music while beeing on the train? or do you mean that it is bettter looking, when wearing a headphone as big as elephant shoes?
wink_face.gif

The fact you don't have to take them off or cut the music just to talk to someone
wink.gif
^ This.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #153 of 3,060
Quote:
open headphone as a portable?

Quote:
why not? it has some certain advantages
wink.gif

Not everyone goes the same places on-the-go. I use two open 'phones as portables, the Sennheiser PX90 (which I've had for a while) and my new ones, Ultrasone HFI-15G (which just came yesterday). Portable for me is when I go for a walk, or if I go on a shopping trip. Nice to be able to just hit pause in the store to be able to communicate with a cashier (and not have to remove headphones), and when I am walking, I prefer to be able to hear the cars coming (I've been hit by cars twice in my younger years). If there's so much traffic noise as to drown out my tunes, then I'll just turn them off, rather than destroy my hearing.

There are no trains in my town, and I don't go on planes....if I was taking a long car trip, there are closed 'phones I would carry along instead, sure.

Newest portable combination...... 

Clip Zip: $40
32GB card in it: $22
Headphones: $64

Allergies have me all congested, but early impressions of the headphones are promising. 
smile_phones.gif

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #154 of 3,060
triple post 
eek.gif

due to Head-Fi maintenance

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #156 of 3,060
And don't worry i have my closed pair too when i'm in a noisy place and will not likely communicate with people.

add on: aww yeah maintenance!

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #157 of 3,060
Apr 27, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #160 of 3,060
Quote:
not to take anything away from THOUGHTCRIMINAL.. i also have silicone molds on my earphones,  best thing i have done.. i prefer it over the many silicone rubber tips and foam tips..

my source is a 30g ipod classic,, amp is a Fiio E11..  with a custom line out dock to connect the two.

Monoprice 8320

Monoprice 9396

Sennhesier HD201

Monoprice 8323

im glad you started this thread,, i was just about to post these pics in the other one where guys have better equipment than mine..

Guys have more expensive gear than you in the other thread? Better is a completely subjective term, IMO. If you like what you have, who is to say that someone else's stuff is better than what you have? Just my $.02 on the subject.

Apr 27, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #162 of 3,060
My latest acquisitions: Behringer UCA222 (desktop PC use only), Sansa Clip + 4GB, Superlux HD-681, and Fiio E5. The combination sounds very good together. I also throw in my Fiio E11, as well, from time to time. I'm looking for velour ear pads for the 681's. If anyone has a link for them, I would very much appreciate the help. Thanks!

Apr 27, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #164 of 3,060
I cant believe how good it sounds. I leave them running while I'm at work and every time I come back I seem to notice the top end is not so hard and the bottom end has more detail. I am very satisfied with this setup and cant wait for the weeks and months to come.

Thanks everyone for putting me on the right track.

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #165 of 3,060
I don't really go out and about with it, but it has the ability to be portable! Probably more than 500, but I got the Ipod for free from my parents who never used it
bigsmile_face.gif
, so it's way less than 500 for me.  I find it really hard to believe that spending 2000 dollars I don't have on really nice equipment will sound that much better than this.

160 GB Ipod Classic, fiio e11, Soundmagic HP100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back