Photoshop Alternetives
Mar 26, 2006 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

DJ Mauler

500+ Head-Fier
as the title says looking for an alternetive to PS mainly because i dont have nor would i spend 600 bucks.

doesnt need to have EVERYTHING photoshop has but almost... any second rate or what programs you guys can personally recomend?

i can just go Download this sucker but id rather buy it and have a real copy.

then just cracking it for a serial number

thanks in advance

Mar 26, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 25
How about ULEADs PhotoImpact, have you checked this out?

www.ulead.com

Mar 26, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #5 of 25
Mar 27, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #12 of 25
Elements and Gimp are what you have to work with if you want something free or low price.

I applaud you on not downloading it and cracking it as soo many do.

Mar 27, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan

very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
Seconded. The GIMP is very capable, and does most things that Photoshop does, but with a crappier interface.

I actually find the interface to be just fine on the GIMP, but then again I never really used PhotoShop much (last time I really used it was 1996) and have been using the GIMP since 1999 so I'm used to it by now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
Elements and Gimp are what you have to work with if you want something free or low price.

I've tried one of the "sharewarez" copies a few years back and absolutely hated it and promptly deleted it. I wouldn't use PhotoShop even if it was free, let alone consider paying for it. Then again, I do only need RGB editing and not CMYK editing for print use, so something like the GIMP is fine for me. And if I did need CMYK, I'd rather deal with the GIMP's limits in that area than deal with PhotoShop's horrid interface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back