Phone possibly ruined two headphones.
May 25, 2018 at 5:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

matonator

New Head-Fier
Hello,

two months ago while I was listening to music with AKGs included in my Samsung S8, right half of them stopped working. I was ok with that and I thought I was just unlucky. But yesterday it happened with my over-ear Sennheiser Momentums!!! Do you think it is coincidence, or phone could possibly ruin half of the headphones out of nowhere? Might be just damaged cable? I have not tried the second one, since I don't have it at the moment.

May 26, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #2 of 2
two months ago while I was listening to music with AKGs included in my Samsung S8, right half of them stopped working. I was ok with that and I thought I was just unlucky. But yesterday it happened with my over-ear Sennheiser Momentums!!! Do you think it is coincidence, or phone could possibly ruin half of the headphones out of nowhere? Might be just damaged cable? I have not tried the second one, since I don't have it at the moment.

Your mishandling the cable and damaging it on a portable application is far more likely than you clipping the signal trying to drive either of those headphones. Although the latter is not impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back