Phonak Audeo Defect Thread
Jun 29, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #421 of 467
The new PB is the same as the PFE v1, which already fixed all the problem from PFE v0.

Quote:
Hmmm, can anyone comment if the new Perfect Bass models have better build quality?

Jul 13, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #422 of 467
I have sent them two emails to this email account audeo.pfe@phonak.com this fortnight, but unfortunately there is still no reply so far. So I would like to ask what am I supposed to do right now? I am deeply disappointed by Phonak's service attitude. Should I send them a letter?

Thanks a lot of help.

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #423 of 467
abhorsen: I also wrote to audeo.pfe at phonak.com and they told me that I should contact the shop where I bought the earphones. I did that and they asked me to send them the broken earphones (just the earphones, no box or accesories). I'm waiting for the to send me a new pair.

Sep 2, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #424 of 467
I've been a proud owner of the PFE 112 for 6 days and it's already developed a fault!

The cable appears to be faulty at the jack.  Very strange.  I can hear everything, but the highs (especially vocals) have become very quiet and transparent/ghost like.  Definitely need to return these!

Have also been disapointed by the fit and isolation.  Might trade for some Westone 2's...

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #425 of 467
Hey 99tollap, do you have the new improved version of the PFE? Since you've only had them for six days, I'm assuming you do. Unless some retailers are still selling the old version. Where did you get them from and do you have the batch number? I would PM wbrownie and ask what your next step is.

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #426 of 467

Quote:
[...] The cable appears to be faulty at the jack.  Very strange.  I can hear everything, but the highs (especially vocals) have become very quiet and transparent/ghost like.
[...]
Have also been disapointed by the fit and isolation.
[...]

Hi 99tollap. Let me ask two questions:

1. Can you explain that's up with the treble of your phones? I don't get what you mean. And why do you think that treble "ghost like" thing is related to a problem with the jack?
  2. PFE are just average about isolation, I can undestand that. On the other hand, why do you have problems with the fit? Most people (me included) consider PFE to be a really comfortable choice.

BTW: I got some time ago my new pair of improved V1 phones. Very satisfied with Phonak customer support.

Sep 2, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #427 of 467
Yeah, I would guess it's the new version. I got them from themp3company.com, who I'm hoping will accept my return (can't imagine why they wouldn't).  There is a reference number on the box (112-0003-06). I'll see what wbrownie has to say...

To answer to the two questions above:
1. It's hard to explain.  The best way I could describe it is like listening to music underwater.  The bass is missing as well, and the whole sound just is washed out and feeble.  It's definitely the jack, because on my laptop it sounded pretty much fine if I didn't push the jack all the way in.
2. Well my left ear is troublesome, and none of the supplied tips give me a good seal.  So the left phone keeps coming out while I walk.  I also am not a fan of the over-ear cable guide.  The cable keeps popping out of the guide close to the phones.

However, I do really like the clarity and detail.  Vocals sound(ed) amazing, and the bass, whilst a little lacking for my tastes was really nice and accurate.

Sep 2, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #428 of 467
If it doesn't say "PFE xxx... V1", then it is probably an old v0 batch with the cable problem. Read this to verify (under Packaging, Build Quality and Accessories).

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #431 of 467
I'm still here!!!  We've been working hard on the new website and the new Perfect Bass products.

Also a site sponsor now!!

If you have any questions, problems, etc. shoot me a PM or preferably email to orders at audeo-online.com

Thanks,

Bill

Oct 24, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #432 of 467
My wife just brought her PFEs to me with the right channel very low volume compared to the left.  This is the side with the mic on it; not sure if that's relevant.  Anyway, I saw only one other person with this problem on the summary post of this thread.  Has anyone figured out this issue or where to go from here?

Oct 24, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #433 of 467
All these PFE defect threads are scaring me. I wanted to get a Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass Earphone badly.

Oct 24, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #434 of 467
Quote:
My wife just brought her PFEs to me with the right channel very low volume compared to the left.  This is the side with the mic on it; not sure if that's relevant.  Anyway, I saw only one other person with this problem on the summary post of this thread.  Has anyone figured out this issue or where to go from here?

Have you try replacing the filter? Could be just earwax clogging the filter.

Quote:
All these PFE defect threads are scaring me. I wanted to get a Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass Earphone badly.

All the problem mentioned in this thread is about the original v0 batch, which has been phased out over one year ago. The new Perfect Bass is the same as the current v1 batch with better build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back