Phonak Audéo Perfect Bass vs VSonic GR06?
Oct 14, 2012 at 2:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

brgil96

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,
So my Eterna's left cable seems to have broke near the case, and since my warranty as ended, it's time for me to get new IEMs. My current options are the Perfect Bass 012 (a guy in a local forum is selling them for 60€, 80€ with black filters included), and the GR06.
Coming from the FA Eterna, I love their sound. Like, they are my first "real" IEM, so I can only say that these have the best sound I've ever heard. I listen mostly to DnB, Trance, and a bit of Electro, so there has to be a fair ammount of bass. I also listen to a lot of metal, hard rock, and the like.
Which IEMs do you recommend and why? What are the major differences between them and the Eterna themselves? Also taking sugestions (for example, the Rock-It Sounds R-30 seem pretty good too). My budget would be roughly 60-65€

Oct 14, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 5
The VSonics are midrange-centric, while the Perfect Bass with green filters has plenty of bass quantity, though not as much as the Eternas. I'd cross out the GR06 and stick with the 012s. You could always change filters if you want a more balanced sound.

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #3 of 5
I see. One thing, the Eterna's needed a little volume up for the bass to completely shine or it would seem too absent, (on the other hand when it reached it's peak i find that there was a little too much bass), do you find that this happens with the 012 too or is the bass more constant?

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
I see. One thing, the Eterna's needed a little volume up for the bass to completely shine or it would seem too absent, (on the other hand when it reached it's peak i find that there was a little too much bass), do you find that this happens with the 012 too or is the bass more constant?

The Audeos did quite well at low-level listening (1-3/16 on an iPod, probably 5-20% - my usual level), the bass didn't change too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back