Phlips Fidelio X1 for Desktop?
Sep 7, 2014 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

eremus123

New Head-Fier
Hi guys!

I've just purchased a Fidelio X1 and would like to find out some information regarding its set up!

I plan to use this headphone on my desktop for gaming (CSGO, BF4) and listening to music (Pop, Rock, EDM). I have previously purchased a PCI Sound Card for my desktop, the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series (http://asia.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-x-fi-titanium-fatal1ty-champion-series). I would like to find out if this soundcard is able to drive the Fidelio X1? I've heard about purchasing Amps/DACs for this headphone and would like to find out how would I setup the amps/dac with my soundcard to get the most optimal sound quality to suit both my gaming/audiophile needs. I also have a pair of tower speakers in my room connected to my computer through an AV Receiver (Denon 3313) and would prefer if the recommended Amp/DAC setup would be compatible with my room setup as well! Lastly, I have heard a great deal about the stock cable for the Fidelio X1, and was wondering if any other cable would really be better than the stock cable? What other cables would you recommend for the genres that I listen to?

Sorry for the long post and I hope you guys can help me with this as it is my first time purchasing a quality headphone!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back