Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread
Apr 13, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #241 of 2,061
  Many people said the original cable of shp9500 is very bad
Is there anyone try to using the Fiio RC-MH1 cable on this Headphone?

The Fiio, and any other normal 3.5mm cable should work perfectly. The connection point is absolutely flat with no indentation.  

Personally, I would have a hard time justifying a $35 cable for a $60 headphone, and I think the original cable is fine.   It is quite long at about 3 meters, and I  wanted a shorter cable with an L-Shape connector at one end, so I spent $7 for a Honeywell A3 on Amazon, and it is 5 star rated, is well constructed, looks nice, and works great.

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #244 of 2,061
Wow, anyone else noticing this hissing noise from the cable?  Also, doesn't look like it comes with a 1/8-> 1/4 adapter?

I'm about to jump on it on massdrop and recommend it to a friend, but hard to recommend this to my friend who will use it bone stock. 

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #246 of 2,061
To be honest, I drive them using little dot i+. I recently upgraded the opamp on it and started noticing the hissing sound right away. Over time, it settled down significantly (reduced interference from my other equipment) but it never completely went away until I just tried the new vmoda cables. So in reality, it does have something to do with the source but due to the fact that these 9500s are so sensitive that you end up noticing the slightest of the noise in the signal. 

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #247 of 2,061
Interesting.  So these don't come with any 1/8" to 1/4" adapter?  Does any old adapter fit?  I think I have a spare or two. 

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #249 of 2,061
Weird, all the prices show 69.99, even though new says 59.99. 

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #251 of 2,061
  Sadly I think the $59.99 seller (who was not Amazon) must have run out since my post (they had 4).  

Still, for me MassDrop is showing $59.99 plus $7 shipping...so the $70 with free ship Amazon prices are not far off. 

And if you have Amazon Prime, you're just about guaranteed to get them in two days! Regardless of the hissing issue, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting myself a pair of these once I get my refund check from summer school in a couple months. Can't wait!

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #252 of 2,061
Hi, my 9500s left hinge band (if i'm correct) is almost loose, how can i fix it? Thank you :)

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #253 of 2,061
  Now cheaper on Amazon than MassDrop: $59.99 and no shipping charge and no waiting.

Oddly, none of the 15 Amazon owner reviews heard the cables hiss, nor did I.

Mine did come with the 1/4" adapter. 

The hiss sound definitely has nothing to do with these headphones. It just happens to be that these are so damn sensitive that a minor static or noise in the background in your source due to any electrical interference (or cheap component) is going to be picked up them. For $50, $60, $65, these are damn good. I just got my Philips X1 today and gave them a brief listen and guess what, they are not as clear as SHP9500. The mids and highs are so much better and cleaner on 9500s than X1s. They are a fantastic value at this price (provided you also go ahead and apply the felt and ring mods). I am listening to them right now while my brand new X1 is wrapped new in a box :)

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #254 of 2,061
  Hi, my 9500s left hinge band (if i'm correct) is almost loose, how can i fix it? Thank you :)

I have this problem as well. I have not found a solution to it other than wearing them. Wearing them will somehow tighten  the headband and wont losen up while wearing it. If it still loosens up alot, you should return them, if you are still within the return period.

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #255 of 2,061
For people in the UK they're available on Amazon UK at the same great price:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SHP9500-00/dp/B00ENMK1DW/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

I'm really fighting hard to resist them at that price.....................................

I did demo these back in January and was pretty impressed with them but the price was much higher at that time so I decided not to get them and went with the X2 instead. At current prices though they're certainly among the best value for money one could get on an open headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back