Philips Fidelio X2?!
Sep 28, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #14,926 of 15,268
What I'm worried is the reports saying the ps5 can't provide enough power for wired headphones like the x2hr. Even using an external dac/amp like the sound blasterx g6 does not help much. Must be due to the usb port on the ps5.
To be honest, Sony sometimes sucks big time. I once could use the PS4 for a few days and it can't drive my Amiron Home.
And then I tried connecting my Amiron Wireless which bluetooth and guess what? "Your bluetooth headphone is not supported" Such logic.

I'm not surprised about what kind of bs Sony's been pulling out. If PS5 still has issues like other things holding back, well, I'm out of words.

Sep 29, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #14,931 of 15,268
Has anyone here compared the Meze Classics/Noir to the X2? How do they stack up, and how are the Mezes in terms of comfort?
I own the Meze 99 Classics and they both sounds completely different from each other.
And as for comfort, the X2HR is the winner. Even tho the Meze Classics got nice comfort but the X2HR has a much better comfort.
You only have to get used if the X2HR is new and it will improve over time.

I'm aware you're talking about the X2 but maybe the X2 earpads are (almost) the same as for the X2HR?

And oh, I use only stock earpads on all of my headphones.

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #14,932 of 15,268
I own the Meze 99 Classics and they both sounds completely different from each other.
And as for comfort, the X2HR is the winner. Even tho the Meze Classics got nice comfort but the X2HR has a much better comfort.
You only have to get used if the X2HR is new and it will improve over time.

I'm aware you're talking about the X2 but maybe the X2 earpads are (almost) the same as for the X2HR?

And oh, I use only stock earpads on all of my headphones.

Yeah :) I meant the X2HR, sorry. But I Love the Fidelio's comfort and sound, just read that the Meze's also have a warm sort of bassy sound with pretty laid back treble so I thought maybe they should be quite similar to the X2's (or X1's) in sound.

Sep 29, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #14,933 of 15,268
Yeah :) I meant the X2HR, sorry. But I Love the Fidelio's comfort and sound, just read that the Meze's also have a warm sort of bassy sound with pretty laid back treble so I thought maybe they should be quite similar to the X2's (or X1's) in sound.
The Meze Classics is indeed a bassy headphone but what kind of bassy? That's the question. For example, look at the Amiron Home. It's the most warmer sounding headphone and yet it doesn't hide the details. Probably sub-bass? Different bass? Extended bass details? And another important thing to know is, which cable is used for Meze Classics. I no longer use the stock as the bass is pretty bloated. Not muddy, just bloated. So using the upgrade cables from Meze webstore and it sounds better. Others also have mentioned the bloated bass can be 'fixed' by using the Meze's smaller pads. I chose the upgrade cables because it can also be used for other headphones :p I'm horrible at replacing earpads anyway...

The Meze Classics are in a whole different league than the X2HR and not in terms of price (Well, the X2HR did costs $299?). Tbh, the treble of the X2HR sounds better than the Meze 99. But yeah, this hobby is very subjective... But Meze 99 with the upgrade cable is a very good headphone too.

Sep 29, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #14,934 of 15,268
The X2's original MSRP was about 300 dollars yeah haha. And tbh I'd still pay that I think they're worth it for sure.

That's disappointing to hear about the Mezes though I guess I'll stick with my DT770's then, just have a lot of trouble enjoying the Beyer sound whether I mod them or EQ them they just have this dry thin sound to them that I sometimes struggle with. :robot:

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #14,936 of 15,268
Straight into the controller, been fine volume wise.
Yeah, X2 isn't hard to drive. So you’re better off choosing a DAC/Amp or seperates based on features other than amplification volume.

Oct 10, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #14,938 of 15,268
It's very hard to roll pads on the X2/X2HR. If you're going to go to the trouble and expense to do it, don't even think of using pleather, leather, or any material other than velour (because stock pads are velour).

I tried pleather pads and the sonic change was profound, and not in a good way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back