Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 23, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #8,296 of 15,268
  I don't know how many hours you have on them but mine were dark and boomy when I first got them.  I got mine from the warehouse back in July and I'm thinking that's why they were returned. 

I first listened to about an hours worth of selected tracks that I use for testing and was.. kinda disappointed.  It was time for bed so I set the X2s up to play FM radio for the night and most of the next day.  When I put them back on, there was a big difference.  They're exceptional now.  I'm glad whoever it was returned them. lol

So, put some hours on them if you haven't.

Don't think they'll open up enough for me to like them.  Although I kinda want to open them up to see what's blocking the outside of the drivers.

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #8,297 of 15,268
Originally Posted by EternalShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, I can't seem to figure out which end of the cord was intended to go into the headphone and which to be used for input.  Does the grey part with Fidelio on it go into the headphone or the black plug?
I know it doesn't really make a difference, but my OCD is showing.  

I thought I was the only one wondering this.  Philips seem to put it in the box in a way that suggests the black end would go into the headphones and the Philips end into the source, but I've seen prominent YouTube reviewers using it the opposite way around.  To my iron ears they sound the same, so maybe it's a matter of preference.

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #8,298 of 15,268
  I thought I was the only one wondering this.  Philips seem to put it in the box in a way that suggests the black end would go into the headphones and the Philips end into the source, but I've seen prominent YouTube reviewers using it the opposite way around.  To my iron ears they sound the same, so maybe it's a matter of preference.

"Fidelio" end goes into the source in all the promotional materials. With V-MODA cable I put the straight end into the source and angled one into the headphones, turned away from the shoulder. 

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #8,299 of 15,268

Dark Side of the Moon... even better. You can tell I'm a big fan. 
biggrin.gif

Your avi's just a coincidence, right?
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #8,300 of 15,268
Hey guys,

(hopefully this hasn't been asked before) I've been eyeballing a set of these for a little while now. how would they compare to the Soundmagic hp150? from a sound & physical integrity standpoint?

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #8,301 of 15,268
Hey guys,

(hopefully this hasn't been asked before) I've been eyeballing a set of these for a little while now. how would they compare to the Soundmagic hp150? from a sound & physical integrity standpoint?
Sound is a big improvement, build is equal.

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #8,302 of 15,268
oooOooohhh *incredibly hard smile* how is the sound better if you dont mind me asking? better sound stage per say?

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #8,303 of 15,268
Not to say that I'm returning these immediately (want to wait and see what the potential next batch may be like), but what would be the reason for return?  If I wanted an exchange, would I have to pay a stocking fee?

If you just mention whatever issue you have with the headphone, Amazon would accept the return no questions asked. You don't have to pay a dime.

Yep, just make sure you select defect when selecting the reason, then explain the defect in the box.

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #8,304 of 15,268

Don't think they'll open up enough for me to like them.  Although I kinda want to open them up to see what's blocking the outside of the drivers.

I'd be interested to know that too!  Not a lot coming out the back.  At least not like what the Sennheisers have.  But I'm afraid that if you removed anything restricting the flow of sound out the back, you'd loose too much of the bass.

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #8,305 of 15,268
"Fidelio" end goes into the source in all the promotional materials. With V-MODA cable I put the straight end into the source and angled one into the headphones, turned away from the shoulder. 

Hi
I have a set of V-Moda cans and, if memory serves, believe that they recommend the straight connection be plugged into the headphones.

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #8,307 of 15,268
Just listen to Radiohead's In Rainbows and "wow", much better than before. Now i need to listen to my music again. Love this combo so much.
Btw, whathifi just posted a photo with the NFB 11/15, right in the moment i just received my NFB 11.
bigsmile_face.gif
https://www.facebook.com/whathifi.com/posts/10153832735419284

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #8,310 of 15,268
Hi
I have a set of V-Moda cans and, if memory serves, believe that they recommend the straight connection be plugged into the headphones.

I think they only recommend it for the portable sources, where angled connector removes the stress off the headphone jack. Not a problem with stationary gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back