Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 14, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #1,651 of 15,268
  and....... whats wrong w/ the Stock cable again?

BTW, Where can I buy those NuForce Cables, Can't seem to fine them.

There's nothing wrong with the X2 stock cable.  The X1 stock cable had a high resistance which led a lot of people to switch it out in order to get marginally tighter bass (and also because it terminated in a 1/4" plug).  X2 stock cable is now low resistance (and terminates in a 1/8" plug) so no longer an issue .

Swap out the X2 stock cable only for convenience if you want something with a shorter length.

Dec 14, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #1,652 of 15,268
I just ordered the X2s 
beyersmile.png

I will do a comparison between them and my current X1s and return the inferior one! 

You beautiful bastards make my soul soar through the heavens of audiophilia but force my wallet to drown in tears

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #1,653 of 15,268
Dec 14, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #1,654 of 15,268

Have you guys used a multimeter to test resistance?

1.1 Ohms on mine, which I guess when comparing merits of resistance seems higher than others mentioned, and certainly double the resistance of Tyll`s V-Moda when he tested it with the X1 in his write-up, backing up what Mad Lust Envy is saying about variance.

However, although the X2`s stock cable is about 0.6 Ohms by comparison, to my ears I cannot tell the difference between the two, and would fail miserably to choose correctly in a blind test (tried several times this morning).

Perhaps my ears are just not sensitive enough to pick up the subtleties that occur.

Dec 14, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #1,656 of 15,268
X2s have such a high danceability factor, I find myself doing simple dance moves at my chair while surfing the web (even right now as I'm listening to Heart of Gold by Neil Young which sound superb with X2s).

Dec 14, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #1,657 of 15,268
Yes, how about people actually test their cables instead of just +1ing a post. People wouldnt typically have any issues with the stock X1 cable if no one brought it up either, so saying you have no issues with the vmoda cable doesnt help anyone. Its been proven that the Vmoda cable has been rated anywhere from .5 ohm to 1.5ohm. 1.5ohm is very close to the stock cable's 1.8ohm, and wouldn't exactly fix any problems the stock cable has.

You want to recommend cables KNOWN to have a low resistance consistently. Vmoda is not one of those cables.

Dec 14, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #1,659 of 15,268
I use the FiiO RC-MH1 and it works great.  Thanks to miceblue for taking this measurement...

Impedance (0.163 Ω) of RC-MH1 cable

Dec 14, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #1,660 of 15,268
  I'd recommend L2 cable myself.

I'd love to get an L2 cable (I tried the L2 HP before) - cable is short, feels great and has a great mic. Contacted Philips support and got a reference for the cable (996510065126) but I cannot find any store stocking it 
confused_face.gif
 Any idea where to find it?

I've been using the Nuforce 1.5M black 3.5mm/1/8 cable. Flexible, durable and quite pretty IMO.
Not the cheapest, but they're pretty good - https://www.nuforce.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=42:transient-cables&Itemid=1163
I would not recommend their USB cable, however.

Looks good, but have no clue where to find it online in EU with reasonable shipping costs.

I personally recommend KabelDirekt. It's very much like Media Bridge cables, except the rubber shielding doesn't get scrape as easily.

That's the option I was looking at lately. Cheap, looks good. Not sure about impedance.

FiiO's cables are very nice too. I recommend it.

That's another option I was looking at. Unsure between this and Kabeldirekt. Kabeldirekt wins on price (5x cheaper), but wondering about difference in quality.

Finally, considered the V-Moda cable, but don't like thin cables wrapped in fabric. They're too plastic (i.e. retain bends) and don't have enough weight to hang from HP in an unobtrusive way.

Dec 14, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #1,662 of 15,268
Guys how do the X2s compare against the Hd 650s?

As someone who had HD650s (drove them with Chord Hugo) and have X2, I think X2s are superior in almost every way. They are technically better and also more fun. Lots better at dance/club music. So I can say they are simply superior to HD650s. Also X2s can be driven by anything. That doesn't mean they don't scale. I've bought Meridian Explorer2 which will be delivered tomorrow, I'll be using X2s with them and post my thoughts.

Dec 14, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #1,663 of 15,268
  I use the FiiO RC-MH1 and it works great.  Thanks to miceblue for taking this measurement...
Impedance (0.163 Ω) of RC-MH1 cable

Nice!

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #1,664 of 15,268

As someone who had HD650s (drove them with Chord Hugo) and have X2, I think X2s are superior in almost every way. They are technically better and also more fun. Lots better at dance/club music. So I can say they are simply superior to HD650s. Also X2s can be driven by anything. That doesn't mean they don't scale. I've bought Meridian Explorer2 which will be delivered tomorrow, I'll be using X2s with them and post my thoughts.

Thanks, so X2 basically beats it on every front in your opinion ? if i did pick either up would it be possible to drive them off a realtek AC1150 ?

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #1,665 of 15,268
  Thanks, so X2 basically beats it on every front in your opinion ? if i did pick either up would it be possible to drive them off a realtek AC1150 ?

It's 32 ohms and can be driven by clips.
>.<
So no, you'll probably want headamp aristaeus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back