Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode
Oct 13, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #931 of 1,061
I'm enjoying my new X2 more than LCD-2F... They're like my old HD600 on steroids (mainly in bass section, hehe).

Oct 13, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #932 of 1,061
I'm enjoying my new X2 more than LCD-2F... They're like my old HD600 on steroids (mainly in bass section, hehe).

Congrats and welcome to the club :)

Wondering; how do you feed the X2 and LCD2F (which sources)?

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #933 of 1,061
Congrats and welcome to the club :)

Wondering; how do you feed the X2 and LCD2F (which sources)?

Thanks. It's in my sig - Schiit Bifrost Multibit with Asgard 2 on low gain. It sounds magical.

Oct 15, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #935 of 1,061
Strong bass? No, it's nowhere close to satisfy a basshead

If you read ttyl full review you'll see that he mentioned that the "neutral" curve that he refers to has a bit of accentuated bass

Just get the k702, i think it will suit your taste better, maybe, still lacking some info, dac/amp? Song taste? I don't have srh940, so what exactly are you looking for?

If you like bass, DON'T get the K702. Even with the "bass mod" they are just flat.

It is a shame that producers and dj's don't use them because then they would actually put bass into their songs, if you believe the hype about the K702 being "realistic".

Even songs known for their sub bass like "Late Night Tip" just lack completely on K702's.

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #936 of 1,061
If you like bass, DON'T get the K702. Even with the "bass mod" they are just flat.

It is a shame that producers and dj's don't use them because then they would actually put bass into their songs, if you believe the hype about the K702 being "realistic".

Even songs known for their sub bass like "Late Night Tip" just lack completely on K702's.

Wrong quote?
I mentioned k702 since the poster i replied to mentioned "neutral" and "soundstage"

Oct 18, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #937 of 1,061
Just letting you know, guys, that my LCD-2F is now officially gone (sold). X2 takes its place as a better and much cheaper headphone. 

Yes, it's that good.

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #938 of 1,061
I owned the LCD-2s and currently have the X2s for travel, and I have to say that for me, those are two completely different cans. I had the LCD-2's before the fazor, so that may be different now. Unless there's a profound difference between the 2.2 and the 2F, though, I wouldn't have been able to easily part with the LCD-2's if I were in your shoes. The X2 does a whole lot of things really, really well (especially considering their price), but I would still absolutely turn to the LCD-2s for anything with low-end instrumentation like finger bass, significant bass drum in the percussion, or any male vocals.

I haven't ever sat down with both my X2s and my HD650s before, but I might do that in the next few days. My feeling with the X2s is that they're a more fun and lively version of the 600's and the 650's with a more stably low price. I think that's pretty high praise. But when it's all said and done, there's plenty of music that I would not choose my X2s to listen to with, so a secondary can with a different profile would be a must if I ever had to downsize my collection.

Oct 18, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #939 of 1,061
I owned the LCD-2s and currently have the X2s for travel, and I have to say that for me, those are two completely different cans. I had the LCD-2's before the fazor, so that may be different now. Unless there's a profound difference between the 2.2 and the 2F, though, I wouldn't have been able to easily part with the LCD-2's if I were in your shoes. The X2 does a whole lot of things really, really well (especially considering their price), but I would still absolutely turn to the LCD-2s for anything with low-end instrumentation like finger bass, significant bass drum in the percussion, or any male vocals.

I haven't ever sat down with both my X2s and my HD650s before, but I might do that in the next few days. My feeling with the X2s is that they're a more fun and lively version of the 600's and the 650's with a more stably low price. I think that's pretty high praise. But when it's all said and done, there's plenty of music that I would not choose my X2s to listen to with, so a secondary can with a different profile would be a must if I ever had to downsize my collection.
Les plastic than on the Senns, but ok, in 2003 nobody cared about plastic

Oct 18, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #941 of 1,061

I've used to own HD600 (for many-many years - loved them!) and HD650 too (which I end up selling after 6 months or so)...
X2 is an improved version of HD600, IMO. So for me, in absolute terms, it's like this: X2 > HD600 => LCD-2F > HD650. 
HD600 is a tie with LCD-2F, with latter being a better all-rounder due to meatier bass and more forgiving sound signature.
It is awesome for heavy music, metal, EDM. HD600 had better vocals and shined with acoustic/audiophile music, though.
I feel that X2 is a much better all-rounder than either of them, however. It does everything really well, greatly balanced.
As I don't need a whole bunch of cans, that wins it for me, ultimately.

Regarding LCD-2F... I liked them, but I didn't love them (unlike HD600/X2). Let them go without any feelings whatsoever.
if I had a pre-Fazor version, I might've had a different opinion (it's polarized here)... But I never had a chance to hear it.

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #945 of 1,061
I've recently been listening to these and they are supremely "fun" but I agree with your initial assssment that the mids are a bit reserved compared to my ideal. I'm curious whether I'll see the same improvement you did after prolonged use / burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back