Philips Fidelio M1 replacement anyone ?
May 5, 2017 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kyu_

New Head-Fier
Hello guys ! I'm looking for a replacement for my Philips Fidelio M1 (the pads are crap and broke with time).

I need :
- Closed cans that don't leak.
- A portable, on-ear model.
- It to be sturdy, my Fidelios lasted almost 3 years with some DIY repairs. The quality of the glue used on the pads was crap so they just came appart with time. The cable is starting to fail as well. I'd like something as sturdy or better.
- A sleek design that doesn't catch the eye but that looks nice. (kinda optional)

My budget : under 100€ (bought the fidelios for 80€ on amazon.de)

I'm gonna be using it on my smartphone, so it can't have too much resistance. It's also gonna be transported in my bag everyday.

Thank you for any suggestion !

May 6, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #3 of 9
Well I loved the headphones but I don't really see myself going through the same hassle one more time. I've been reading around and some M1s start failing after just some months. I don't really want to try my luck at it :p

May 6, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #4 of 9
You might check out the Kingston Hyper X Cloud II. It sounds terrific and is well-made. It is over-ear rather than on-ear. Not sure if that is an option for you or not. The Senn HD25 would be perfect (on-ear) but it is above your budget by a fair bit.

May 8, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #5 of 9
You might check out the Kingston Hyper X Cloud II. It sounds terrific and is well-made. It is over-ear rather than on-ear. Not sure if that is an option for you or not. The Senn HD25 would be perfect (on-ear) but it is above your budget by a fair bit.

I checked the Kingstons out. They look really cool for at-home use (I'd trade my AKG K-240 MKII for them) but don't look really transportable. They're gonna be packed with a computer, water bottles and everything I carry around in my backpack so I'd really feel safer with something meant to be mobile (like something that folds).

About the HD25s, a friend of mine has them. First thing I thought when I saw them was "that looks cheap". I guess they are not but as you said they're over my budget.

Any other ideas ?

May 8, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #6 of 9
You would have to expand your budget somewhat, but a really awesome choice would be an AKG K545. It sounds terrific and folds down completely. Maybe check it out and see what kind of deal you can get. It is $138 in the US. at the moment Well worth it.

May 8, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #7 of 9
Okay the K545 actually look cool (both visually and sound-wise) ! Problem is I can't find them new on amazon. Is this an older model ? If yes, do you know if they've made an update to it ? The AKG website is almost empty.
I'm gonna give a look to the Y40s while I'm at it.

BTW thank you so much for helping me with this :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back