Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100?
Jan 19, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #6 of 35
With 2 days of research, the ones I've listed are what I came up with as the most readily available best. Haven't heard much about ue6000 or 1r, so hard to determine how they could be better choices than Fidelio M1, ATH-ESW9, or V-MODA M-100.  Please remember to vote in the poll.

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #7 of 35
the m1 is low fi, compared to the others. you should also consider dt770 le and cops. i will not use the poll, because i would not choose either of these.and i had them all. guess what? i am using s500s for everything right now.

Jan 19, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #8 of 35
That's funny -- I love JVC's cheaper earbuds due to their nice smooth lows... So I wasn't surprised to hear they had a nice over the ear with the S500. However, I really enjoyed the V-Moda LPs when I had them, so I was looking to build upon that experience. Further, the V-Modas have a 50mm driver -vs- JVC's 40mm. Therefore my exclusion of the s500... But maybe I should take a second look. Right now Fidelio is winning the poll. I need more votes!

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #12 of 35
I can't vote as I've no experience with any of the 3 options. I am, however, anxiously awaiting the results of your poll. For Christmas (I know this is Jan already...) I'm giving my kids (17 year old son & 18 y.o. daughter) a set of headphones that 1.) sound great & 2.) they won't be embarrassed to wear. After driving them around central Ohio for the chance to barely "sample" various headphones they both love the look of the V-Moda 100s. No place we went had V-anythings to listen to, but as noted before they love the look as in "all things being equal, those look like they sound the best!"

I've been researching since Thanksgiving though and, with everything I've read in Head-Fi forums & elsewhere, I don't think I can go wrong with the V-Moda 100s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back