Phiaton PS500?
Mar 3, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #5 of 14
I want MS 400, too. Pretty and handsome.
Allow me to quote a bit from Markl,
""Better" than stock D2000? I don't think so, but it depends on the listener."
"So, yes, maybe in some ways the Phiaton does out-perform the stock D2000."

Mar 3, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want MS 400, too. Pretty and handsome.
Allow me to quote a bit from Markl,
""Better" than stock D2000? I don't think so, but it depends on the listener."
"So, yes, maybe in some ways the Phiaton does out-perform the stock D2000."

Isn't that endorsement enough? This from a guy who stands to loose by admitting anything is near as good as a denon because those who buy denon are then more likely to send them to him to be modded later. I am confused why there hasn't been any hype with theses.

Mar 4, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenced /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't that endorsement enough? This from a guy who stands to loose by admitting anything is near as good as a denon because those who buy denon are then more likely to send them to him to be modded later. I am confused why there hasn't been any hype with theses.

Endorsement? Yes and No. When the performance are comparable, then the price become a bigger factor. Have you checked price of Denon 2000 while one year ago? I think Denon can be had below $200; Phiaton 500 was new, I don't remember exact, but it was much higher. (Did they ask more than current $299? ) I remember I wanted one because of the look...

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZigZig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drool @ the MS 400's........

I thoroughly plan to, if they ever produce them in black.
smile.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:03 AM Post #9 of 14
I have some Phiaton PS 500's, sent to me for review (disclosure - I get to keep them). Overall, I like them a lot, good bass, mids and highs, lots of detail, but nothing overwhelms. The sound is much more intimate than my A900s, which sound more airy, they're more like the Beats by Dr Dre but with a bit more detail.

I don't find the Phaiton's very comfortable though, they sit on your ears rather than around them, which i've never much enjoyed. If you don't mind that they'd be good headphones. Build quality seems average, they seem a little flimsy and plasticy.

Overall: very nice sound, shame about the comfort.

If you have questions ask away.

You can see my full (but brief) review here.

Jul 15, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #12 of 14

Quote:
Yeah I got the model number wrong, sorry.

You got the picture wrong as well, both on headphonereviews.org and in your FS thread and on ebay...

No wonder you said they "sit on your ears", to me the PS500's look huge and should envelop anyone's ears, they also cost twice as much and have a different driver so they should sound totally different than the PS320 (note: the 320 actually has two drivers in each earpiece 16+40).
______

So, can anyone comment on the sonic character of the PS500's yet? =)

To me they're the best looking headphones I've seen but I have no idea how they sound :/

Sep 7, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #13 of 14
ps500 going for $226 with shipping ........ let me know who wants the name of the store....i can only tell 32 people cause i want one and they only have 33 left. trying to save up for one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back