Pet advice: Small animal with most personality
Jul 15, 2008 at 8:06 AM Post #46 of 50
Dont ever leave your pets by a window. The sun can bake them, or if the window ever breaks they can be splattered with broken glass, or some jerk can steal them.
I know it seems nice to put them by a window so they can see outside, but it isnt a good idea.
If you do though, dont put them on the sunny side of the house.

Jul 15, 2008 at 10:07 AM Post #48 of 50
Sugar Gliders are quite high maintainance. So much so, you might as well get a small dog. I had thought of getting one before, but in the end there's only room enough for hamsters and toy dogs in my household.

If I had a chance to check out a southern flying squirrel, I might have considered one as a pet, as it has similar qualities as a Sugar Glider, but easier to care for and less stinky.

-Ed

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #49 of 50
No other pet will bring to your life as much as a dog. I used to think I was a "cat person" - until 6 years ago finally yielded to my wife and we got a dog. I did have dogs around when growing up, but this is very different.
Dogs are of course on the side of higher maintenance, especially purebreds. I wasn't around when the OP was posting the OQ, but I'd recommend a guinea pig or rat, depending on the person's preference. Lots of interaction, affection, all in compact, containable format.
One warning about guinea pigs, though, - they seem to be particularly liable to make people allergic. Well, they don't live too long...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back