"Perfecting Sound Forever"
Jul 1, 2009 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

terriblepaulz

1000+ Head-Fier
Jul 1, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #3 of 14
Can't you give a short version of it? Or are we supposed to buy it?

Jul 1, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so this post is spam, basically?

Was it in your in-box? Geez, it looked like an intersting read about a topic near to hearts here. Sorry I wasted your precious time.

Jul 2, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by royalcrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting link, but rigging the link so that you get a referral cut from each purchase seems a bit disingenuous... then again I could be reading the link wrong.

Whoa. "rigging link"? "referral cut"? I cut and pasted the url. You have made a serious accusation. Please back it up.

Jul 2, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it looked like an intersting read

..from my roommate, and it's only $19.99....call now!
duggehsmile.png

can we get a free sample?
caleb2000.gif

Jul 2, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Whoa. "rigging link"? "referral cut"? I cut and pasted the url. You have made a serious accusation. Please back it up.

There's a "ref=..." at the end of the amazon link which, in all of my experience using Amazon over many purchases, means that it is part of the Amazon referral system. If you copied the URL, you copied someone else setting up a referral link.

I didn't mean to accuse you of anything but looking back on my post I see how it came off like that. I meant something more like "if this is a referral link, that would be pretty sketchy." Again, I could be reading the link wrong, but it's always been true for me in the past.

Jul 2, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #9 of 14
Original post edited to avoid the suspicion of douchebags. There is plenty of reason to be concerned about shilling on these forums. I suggest you turn your attention to those making grandiose claims about audio products.

Jul 2, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Original post edited to avoid the suspicion of douchebags.

insulting customers is not gonna help sales
biggrin.gif

so what's the book all about? the title doesn't even sound like proper english to me...it's a grammary book?

Jul 2, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

insulting customers is not gonna help sales
biggrin.gif

so what's the book all about? the title doesn't even sound like proper english to me...it's a grammary book?

As if you actually buy and read books. Listen sweetie, I simply thought it was cool that someone with whom I went to college wrote a book about recorded music. Nothing more. If I was shill, do you think I would add that detail? Or are you as dense as your posts make you appear?

Jul 2, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #13 of 14
Looks interesting. While I love these kinds of books (or anything audio related in general) I have to admit it seems poorly written. Based off of this excerpt alone, the author appears to have a rather clumsy writing style, IMHO.

However, all of the reviews I've read are full of praise for the book. The author sounds like a brilliant mastering engineer.

I've often wondered about this topic myself; people always hear about the new "loud" remasterings but still complain about the graininess of the old recordings. Finding a balance definitely takes a lot of skill. To the OP, if your friend gets to do this stuff all day and get paid for it, I think that's pretty cool. I hope he gets a lot of sales and puts out something else!

Jul 3, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

I was asking an honest question....too bad you overlooked that forever.

the last book I bought(and read) what this one : Amazon.com: Spatial Audio (Music Technology): Francis Rumsey: Books

fantastic read!

and why do you call me sweetie, do we know each other from some place? are you Samantha
confused.gif

The "sweetie" thing was sarcastic hostility. But now that you have recommended a book, I think you are wonderful. Because recommending books is a wonderful thing. Well, I thought it was.

BTW, thanks for the Rumsey recommendation. I was just skimming that title on Google books. That is going on my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back