pencil fi?
Mar 10, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #166 of 460
Thats 4 people that might be interested, including myself. I'll check back later this week an see if we can get some more

Mar 10, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #169 of 460
I would hold off on the order if a group buy insues.
How much would the GB cost be, and who wants to front the money up?
I can send my payment early if needed to help cover the shipping costs.

Mar 10, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #170 of 460
...I fell in love with the rotring at first glance. But I don't know if I can justify its purchase... I usually write in ink these days, and I have no idea how it fairs as a drawing pencil.

Mar 10, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #171 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleatoris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I fell in love with the rotring at first glance. But I don't know if I can justify its purchase... I usually write in ink these days, and I have no idea how it fairs as a drawing pencil.

Well, it's not like it takes a special kind of 0.5 lead only.
tongue.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #173 of 460
^ I may get a sketchbook soon...drawing on top of my notes during class isn't the most productive value.
tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #174 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could use another 2 black and silver ones...GB sounds like a wonderful idea.

I asked for a price quote for 2 and it came out to be about 52 bucks. ~20 bucks/pencil and 12 dollars for shipping. So it seems that its 9 + 3 x (number of pencils) for shipping.

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #176 of 460
who is responsible for this group buy?

wouldn't it be easier to do it by region (to save on re-shipping costs)?

ie, one person responsible for north american group buy - one for europe one for aussie/NZ etc etc

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #177 of 460
that sounds good. We wouldnt save shipping costs if we had one person for the entire world :p I wouldnt mind doing it for NA if people dont mind paying up front (I dont have enough money to pay in advance :p)

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #178 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that sounds good. We wouldnt save shipping costs if we had one person for the entire world :p I wouldnt mind doing it for NA if people dont mind paying up front (I dont have enough money to pay in advance :p)

Sounds good

I think the multi-buy based on location is a good idea.

Meat01 sent me a PM saying he was interested in one so add him to the list too

On a side note: good grief that shipping is fast, I ordered yesterday, today it shipped an its already out of Japan an scheduled to be here by Friday. wowzers

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #179 of 460
I think there's only the two of us from Aus/NZ. I can't see that there would be much to gain from a GB of two. But, I can see the point of not having to reship from the US. Either way, unless there's a discount on the pencils themselves, there's probably little savings for jonathanjong and I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back