Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Nov 10, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #1,006 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfindon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the Pelikan M150?

Which fountain pen has the thinnest grip for writing? I don't like "fat" pens for writing, I tend to write best when the gripping portion is around the size of a normal Bic pen. I know no fountain pens will likely be this thin, but I'd like to try to get the thinnest possible.

Lamy Logo, Sailor Recruit, Ohto F.I.N.E, and in the pricier sector, Scheaffer Targa.

I also am writing with Platinum Preppys, converted to eyedroppers. Mostly Diamine inks, to address the person above.

Another good, cheap fountain pen (besides the affordable three mentioned above) are the Pilot Preras.

Personally, I'm admiring the Sailor Sapporos and trying to find a way to justify a $160 pen I will write with once a week.

Nov 10, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #1,008 of 2,804
Fountain pen? 146, 149?

I have the 146 and like it quite a bit, I'd say it's good y.

Nov 11, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #1,010 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1gra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lamy Logo, Sailor Recruit, Ohto F.I.N.E, and in the pricier sector, Scheaffer Targa.

I also am writing with Platinum Preppys, converted to eyedroppers. Mostly Diamine inks, to address the person above.

Another good, cheap fountain pen (besides the affordable three mentioned above) are the Pilot Preras.

Personally, I'm admiring the Sailor Sapporos and trying to find a way to justify a $160 pen I will write with once a week.

Mmm, I used to convert Pelikanos into eyedroppers and give them away to classmates. You have to make sure you seal two breather holes in the butt of the barrel though. I find that they write better than any other sub $30 new pen, the Lamy Safari included, Japanese pens excluded.

I miss the Pelikan GO! . It was my first fountain pen, but their scarcity has driven up the price.

Nov 11, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #1,012 of 2,804
Nov 11, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #1,013 of 2,804
Quote:

Ahhh...be careful! The slippery slope of pen collecting is very much like head-fi. As soon as you spend $X, that amount is very easy to spend again and you'll soon be thinking of spending even more! I've so far capped my pen budget at $350 but a certain limited edition Pelikan is calling my name!

Nov 11, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #1,014 of 2,804
Quote:

Thanks, I like the way the Lamy Logo looks as well.

I'm only going on looks here because I never used one before, so I don't know what to look for in that regard or which one would write better. Logo, Al -Star, and M150. The Sailor Recruit looks decent too.

Nov 11, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #1,015 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by peli_kan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you post a photo of the nib, I can properly ID it for you.

If I remember, I will do it tomorrow. Have no camera right now. Thanks
smile.gif

Nov 12, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #1,020 of 2,804
Well, my resistance failed and I ordered a pink sailor sapporo demonstrator.

Now I'm coveting an Aurora Optima demonstrator. screw. I cannot spend $600 on a pen but the chrome/red is so COOL looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back