PCIe Sound card (+OP-Amp) recommendations for AKG K702 Anniversary Edition?
Dec 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

HyperionXL

New Head-Fier
Looking for a solid all around PCIe sound card for my AKG K702 Annies. Right If they have swappable op amps, I'm not afraid to mess with those, as well. Would like an optical input for passing console audio through it, as well.

I plan to use it for everything movies, music(EDM, rock, classical - a very wide range), and immersive gaming (Skyrim, WoW, Borderlands, Final Fantasy), but not competitive FPS gaming.

My old setup were q701s and an Essence STX with some swapped op amps (I forget which ones and both are gone now). I was pretty pleased with the setup at the time, but I'm willing to try something new or take suggestions with all this Christmas monies I've got flying at me. 

Was possibly looking at a Sound Blaster Z as prices are pretty good, but willing to try more expensive or cheaper options.

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 2
  Looking for a solid all around PCIe sound card for my AKG K702 Annies. Right If they have swappable op amps, I'm not afraid to mess with those, as well. Would like an optical input for passing console audio through it, as well.
I plan to use it for everything movies, music(EDM, rock, classical - a very wide range), and immersive gaming (Skyrim, WoW, Borderlands, Final Fantasy), but not competitive FPS gaming.
My old setup were q701s and an Essence STX with some swapped op amps (I forget which ones and both are gone now). I was pretty pleased with the setup at the time, but I'm willing to try something new or take suggestions with all this Christmas monies I've got flying at me. 
Was possibly looking at a Sound Blaster Z as prices are pretty good, but willing to try more expensive or cheaper options.

The Essence STX (used, $130?) does come with a better DAC chip and headphone amplifier, then the SB-Z.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back